Feature Requests...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature Requests...

Thought I would start a thread for feature requests...

I finished up watching Greg Leuenberger's (Pixel Fondue - link below) first three videos comparing the Modo, V-Ray and Octane renderers. He pointed out something I thought would be a very important feature to add, which is the ability to convert (i.e. right-click) a Modo material and convert it to the translated V-Ray material.

http://www.pixelfondue.com/blog/2017...ti-part-series
    Carson Jones
    Toronto, Canada.

Hello Carson,

Yeah, that would be cool, but i think i've seen a similar request before and Vladimir said that it could be very complicated/lots a work/diferent results and unsure if its worth. Something like this.

Carlos

Comment

Would also be great to have the option to create a V-Ray material directly when creating a new material, but I think that's not possible due to the limitations of MODO's API as well as the option to filter V-Ray materials in your shader tree. Too bad. For MAYA i have a mel-script that converts all shaders (or selected shaders) into V-Ray shaders. If anyone knows something similar for MODO I'd really appreciate it. I've seen someone talking about a script he made, but can't find the post at the moment
      Volker Troy

www.pixelwerk.at

+43 (0) 664 / 3 820 810
      Radetzkystrasse 102 a
      A-6845 Hohenems
      Austria

Comment

Some other features I'd like to see is for V-Ray RT-GPU:

• The support of more renderoutputs. Is it somehow possible to render them simultaneously by the CPU if there are technical problems rendering them over the GPU? Most of them are not really render-intensive like ID's, Bump-normals, Masks.

• Support of Stencil, since it's a common way to save lot's of RAM by using stencil textures instead of having everything modeled

• Support of using a texture as bump via the schematic view, instead of using the shader-tree and having the texture on top and toggled to "bump"
        Volker Troy

www.pixelwerk.at

+43 (0) 664 / 3 820 810
        Radetzkystrasse 102 a
        A-6845 Hohenems
        Austria

Comment

Wondering if there's been any progress in getting V-Ray materials inside Modo's Preset Browser?
          Carson Jones
          Toronto, Canada.

Comment

- Alpha mask (on shaders) not RGB but A only.
            - Control of Flairs in shader tree not render panels (settings getting lost to easily)
            - Control of output channels when flair/gloom or denoiser is enabled (at least denoiser should ignore outputs that are already in output, like diffuse, reflection, etc).
            - Fly through by camera for IC LC
            - Support for Modo groups.
            - Faster SSS (maybe a Modo bug.. but they are so slow)
            - Faster Mate Shader (shadow catcher is 10x faster, so please fix the bugs with EIS).
            - Control for LC and IC in reflections, I have a heavy problem with under sampled IC and LC in reflections.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
              - Support for Modo groups.
              If you mean render visibility based on groups, this is already supported in the latest nightly builds.
              It should work correctly in animation, and should update correctly in RT as well.

Greetings,
              Vladimir Nedev
              Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Thanks that big news for me. However I have stick to the last major release for while till me render farm updates. You thats sad.. but I hope you going official soon with 3.5.

Comment

Did the whole Shadow catcher thing get resolved in the latest version of V-Ray? Do the Modo Shadow catchers work correctly now?
                  Carson Jones
                  Toronto, Canada.

Comment

I think it get solved with 3.5. But I can't test a new build during production.. so I will dig into next week.
                    I did also some work around but ended up in incredible long render times with V-Ray. So in the last project I simple did render Shadow Pass with Modo, and since Modo 10.0 its really fast.

Comment

I'm in the Modo beta group. When the V-Ray for Modo 3.5 beta goes live I can check it then if you think it would help.
                      Carson Jones
                      Toronto, Canada.

Comment

Working...
                      X