X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my little wishlist

Hello,

My wishes would be:

- Light Select CPU behaves like GPU with support for all Vray Materials.
    - Nested Dielectric (super important in advertising! Please see here https://vimeo.com/86272108
    - A Shadow Channel that hides the object from which the shadow are coming from, revealing the full uncovered shadow for post.
    - Directionality (more lighting modifiers in general. We often work with photographers and they would like to work the same way as they as they do in the studio or outside, with reflectors, scrim?s ect. https://fstoppers.com/education/scri...sunlight-58570)

- Triplanar Mapping that can be used without the shematic, including radius controls.
    - Baking in general
    - Stochastic Flakes with Fresnel options
    - alSurface Transparency (its a nice alternative to the standard material)
    - Volume Scatter Material
    - Lights blow out a little to fast. (Sometimes it?s cool but often clients wants you to reduce it. Is it possible to get a more neutral image similar to s-log, where lights and shadow are very smooth and neutral? Hopefully I don?t sound stupid)

Thank you for your great work so far and your great communication! I even bought a license for private use, I?m very satisfied!
    Best
    Christian Voelkner
    Last edited by 7enith; 21-03-2017, 09:49 AM.

Vray Light Lister!!!

Comment

Originally posted by juanlalupa View Post
      Vray Light Lister!!!
      I don't think we will do that.
      We support almost all the native MODO lights (except mesh light, but that's on the todo list), so any third party or MODO native light lister for MODO will work out-of-the-box with V-Ray for MODO too.
      It makes more sense for the MODO team to implement a light lister.
      Although you can already see a list of your lights in the Shader Tree, so maybe that's considered sufficient.

Greetings,
      Vladimir Nedev
      Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Free Walk SSS or the Volume Scatter Material for transparent Objects. (As of Vray 3.5 the sss of the Standard material doesn?t work as well as it does in Maya)

Baking Tools: while creating Assets I make procedural textures with vray dirt, bercon ect to make The object more presentable while working with clients. If the model is completed with UV, I often would like to bring it into a painting app like Mari to finish it off or give the Asset to another artist. It would be extremely helpful to be able to bake them without workarounds.

And still a better dynamic range for the normal renders (including passes). My DSLR doesn?t burn out lights this fast and my eye doesn?t do it at all. No client wants to have burned out highlights, so it would save a step in post.

thanks

Comment

As of Vray 3.5 the sss of the Standard material doesn?t work as well as it does in Maya
          It's pretty much the same code.
          We did fix a precision issue for 3.6 that affects V-Ray for Modo, because Modo uses "meters" as internal units.
          But apart from that, it's the same.

No client wants to have burned out highlights, so it would save a step in post.
          How do you, personally, fix this in post ?

Greetings,
          Vladimir Nedev
          Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir.nedev View Post

I don't think we will do that.
            We support almost all the native MODO lights (except mesh light, but that's on the todo list), so any third party or MODO native light lister for MODO will work out-of-the-box with V-Ray for MODO too.
            It makes more sense for the MODO team to implement a light lister.
            Although you can already see a list of your lights in the Shader Tree, so maybe that's considered sufficient.

Greetings,
            Vladimir Nedev
            V-ray for modo is really robust solution, is excellent and about the light lister implemented by foundry is a thing that I don't see coming, yeahh sure in the shader tree you have a list of the lights but the unified interface for common parameters in the light lister of maya or 3ds max is so convenient when you have 100 lights and want to change setting in one go, Is really sad that this feature gets into the dark for modo users, but vray for modo feels really like modo! you don't need to learn new things to start using it, it's really nice.

Thanks Vladimir

Comment

Originally posted by juanlalupa View Post

V-ray for modo is really robust solution, is excellent and about the light lister implemented by foundry is a thing that I don't see coming, yeahh sure in the shader tree you have a list of the lights but the unified interface for common parameters in the light lister of maya or 3ds max is so convenient when you have 100 lights and want to change setting in one go, Is really sad that this feature gets into the dark for modo users, but vray for modo feels really like modo! you don't need to learn new things to start using it, it's really nice.

Thanks Vladimir
              That's the good thing in MODO. Select all lights, change the value and it's changed in all selected lights. Btw. this works with everything in MODO. If you select more than one item and they have different values in a certain channel it is labeled as *mixed*. If you change the value, it will be changed in every item you have selected. Really useful and something I miss everytime I'm working in MAYA. What you're actually missing is a seperate user Interface, but the feature you're looking for is already built in MODO
              Volker Troy

www.pixelwerk.at

+43 (0) 664 / 3 820 810
              Radetzkystrasse 102 a
              A-6845 Hohenems
              Austria

Comment

Originally posted by pixelwerk View Post

That's the good thing in MODO. Select all lights, change the value and it's changed in all selected lights. Btw. this works with everything in MODO. If you select more than one item and they have different values in a certain channel it is labeled as *mixed*. If you change the value, it will be changed in every item you have selected. Really useful and something I miss everytime I'm working in MAYA. What you're actually missing is a seperate user Interface, but the feature you're looking for is already built in MODO
                Yes that is nice of modo that you can change all the "same" values, but I want something more flexible not just change all the intensity of all the lights to say 0.5 in one click, What I want is to have a list of the parameters in one window and tweak individual lights in one single interface, Or maybe a way to link the intensity to a random channel modifier so every light gets a random value, Light listers is not the ultimate solution but is an interface that makes more compact to view and manipulate individual parameters

Comment

Working...
                X