V-Ray Render Settings and V-Ray Material with Proficiency Levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray Render Settings and V-Ray Material with Proficiency Levels

The V-Ray Render Settings and V-Ray Material have quite a bit of options that are rarely used.
    For this reason, I want to hide some of them using MODO's Proficiency Levels.

Please leave in this thread your suggestions which controls should go in the Basic, Standard (the default) and Advanced proficiency levels.

The proficiency levels are currently rarely used in MODO. MODO 11 uses them for its Render settings.
    Here are the controls relative to proficiency levels in MODO's UI:

Click image for larger version

Name:	form_options_proficiency_levels.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	887551

Name:	properties_less_more_buttons.PNG
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	887552

Name:	preferences_default_proficiency.PNG
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	887553

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

This was my suggestion on skype. I only came up with it quickly and it definitely needs more thought.

Name:	funks_profiency_level.png
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	867494

P.S. I think it's worth explaining that you can click "more" at the bottom of the form to see all controls.

The choice should also be remembered, so you only need to do it once.
    Last edited by 1funk; 21-04-2017, 07:31 AM.
    Win10 Pro 64 / AMD Ryzen 9 5950X / 128GB / RTX 3090 + 1080 Ti / MODO
    I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live - Jesus Christ

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir.nedev View Post
      The V-Ray Render Settings and V-Ray Material have quite a bit of options that are rarely used.
      For this reason, I want to hide some of them using MODO's Proficiency Levels.

Please leave in this thread your suggestions which controls should go in the Basic, Standard (the default) and Advanced proficiency levels.

The proficiency levels are currently rarely used in MODO. MODO 11 uses them for its Render settings.
      Here are the controls relative to proficiency levels in MODO's UI:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37760[/ATTACH]
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]37761[/ATTACH]
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]37762[/ATTACH]

Greetings,
      Vladimir Nedev
      No news about this feature ?

I use it for my own custom form now and it works great, it mades working a bit faster with a less cluttered UI.

Comment

Originally posted by John_Do View Post

No news about this feature ?

I use it for my own custom form now and it works great, it mades working a bit faster with a less cluttered UI.
        This is part of V-Ray Next for Modo, it's in the latest nightly builds since last week.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Nice addition, thanks Vladimir.

Comment

Very nice addition, just make the MORE button bigger. Had to get help on Skype for this

Comment

Originally posted by haffy View Post
              Very nice addition, just make the MORE button bigger. Had to get help on Skype for this
              This is built-in in the Modo UI, I don't have control of it as far as I know.
              You will have to ask Foundry for this improvement.

Greetings,
              Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Working...
              X