Vray NEXT for Modo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray NEXT for Modo

Hi Chaos Group I just wondering if Vray next is going to exist in other softwares or is only for 3Ds Max Users? I'm asking this because I felt that vray for 3ds Max has more features and I think is more well integrated and powerfull, I don't use Max but I been thinking a lot and I want to make sure If I need to make a "switch" to 3ds Max to use the full potential of vray.

Thanks!

Max will come to Modo. All Vray updates are first launched for Max and then come to all other packages later (Maya, Sketchup, Revit, Rhino ...). So I would just wait for a bit.

If you feel Max is better suited for your workflow and you have 1200$ a year + a higher initial investment for vray Max to spare, it would make sense to switch - otherwise I dont think you should just for Vray...

Comment

Both 3ds Max and V-Ray for 3ds Max have free 30-day trials.
      You can try them and decide for yourself, if they work better for you compared to Modo and V-Ray for Modo.
      Considering our software is a plug-in for another software, the different integrations will always have differences and you might find one better than the other.
      We cannot make them exactly the same.

Greetings,
      Vladimir Nedev
      Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

What's the feature you're after that's missing in V-Ray for MODO?
        Volker Troy

www.pixelwerk.at

+43 (0) 664 / 3 820 810
        Radetzkystrasse 102 a
        A-6845 Hohenems
        Austria

Comment

Originally posted by pixelwerk View Post
          What's the feature you're after that's missing in V-Ray for MODO?
          Is not a feature what I miss, is a Roadmap that you gets early access to new features, I know for a fact that the max plugin has the majority of the user base so the development of vray for 3ds max in the future will be more reliable "I think" I love modo and certainly I will be using for a long time I just feel that if I need the latest features of vray I need to use Max, that's all, and I feel that at this moment Max have a lot of plugins that make the software more powerful tan modo like phoenix fd and fume fx for example, or forest pack and rail clone, is just too much more options to plug-in to max that is to modo, Like I said modo is excellent... But I will love to have the max plugins including vray next!

Comment

Working...
          X