Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UDIM handling could should support native workflow

Hi guys,

in order to get Nuke's ScanlineRender node to work with multiple UDIM's you simply need to offset the texture patch by the right amount while keeping the data in the bounding box outside the format.
    E.g. if I have 2 UDIMs I just need to offset the second patch by it's width to produce a format that has the dimensions of the UDIM, but a bounding box with the UDIMs' height and double the UDIM's width.
    Attached is a screen shot.

Vray does not support this way of working and seems to be locked into using the VRayTextureBitmap node for a UDIM workflow, is that correct?
    This means it's impossible to work on the individual UDIMs in Nuke without pre-rendering them before using them in the VRay tree as a texture.
    Or am I missing something?

Cheers,
    frank

The above is the old school way, but Nuke's prescribed workflow is not compatible either, i.e. "Image/Import UDIMs", which uses the UVTile and MergeMat nodes.

Comment

Hey Frank,

Indeed currently there is no way of doing that unless you bake your corrections before loading the files through TexBitmap.
      Currently we don't support the Nuke's native UVTile workflow for UDIM - it's in the to do list though

Cheers,
      Georgi Zhekov
      Phoenix Product Manager
      Chaos

Comment

Working...
      X