Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-ray Frame Buffer

Hello,

I see a custom tab in nuke for the V-ray Frame buffer, but it seems to be blank right now.

Is this an experiential feature, and if yes, how do I enable it?

It would be wonderful to have VFB in nuke; it would help with some of the scanline issues when in look development.

It would be wonderful to have this.

thank you
    S.

Hi,
    The VFB integration in Nuke is indeed an experimental feature. The initial integration with the VFB1 suffers however from some issues related to GUI management.
    The VFB2 integration works much better but still some points are to be clarified regarding how to manage multiple renderers for example and how/when to show a given VRayRenderer node content in the VFB.
    For instance, the last thing I did on this was to link the opening of the VRayRenderer property panel with the showing of the VFB content.
    The VFB2 integration is however only available with VRay5 for Nuke which is still unreleased officially. It is in preparation.

What kind problems would you like to solve with a VFB integration ?

Greetings,
    Chris
    Christophe COT
    Software Developer - Chaos
    christophe.cot@chaos.com

Comment

Hi Christophe

Thank you for the Response, and very excited to hear about V-ray 5 in nuke,

In my general experience, I find scanline to be less efficient at utilises the CPU than a bucket or progressive rendering; I keep finding a lag at the start, iv utilised crop node to help, but when tweaking anything, this lag adds up. I think the way I was going around this was to us VFB to do all my heavy lifting and switch to scan line for my comp work,

I’m currently sending VR Scenes back and forward between Nuke and Houdini to do all my work, and I find Buckets and progressive in VFB to be a more pleasant experience,

“still some points are to be clarified regarding how to manage multiple renderers, for example, and how/when to show a given VRayRenderer node content in the VFB.

Maybe taking a cue for nuke and creating a VFB viewer node may help; this would be a nice way to control what Render node is viewed in the VFB.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SharedScreenshot.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	1121632

Comment

Working...
      X