Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few Question about Vray for Nuke

Hey Guys,

I started to using vray for Nuke, which is great to have by the way.
    however I was missing a few options that are in Maya but not in Nuke, such as different GI engines like, light cache, Irrandiance map. Or in the antialiasing (Like Fixed or progressive), also vray RT.
    Are any of this making in Nuke?

Thanks!

hey HSZ,

so lets start

Q:I was missing a few options that are in Maya but not in Nuke, such as different GI engines like, light cache, Irrandiance map.

The main reason for V-nuke to focus on BF BF is for fast repspons rate, Light caching and Irradiance case a bit of a lag in nuke and as you may have notice V-ray for nuke is in IPR mode, But light Cache is on its way, you can access Light Caching right now through the V-ray Translator v-ray Perimeter over ride or post Trans Script.

lc=findByType("SettingsGI")[0]
    lc.set("secondary_engine", 3)

settings=create("SettingsLightCache","settingsLigh tCache")
    settings.set("subdivs", 500)

Q:Or in the antialiasing ??

Iv got no idea why we locked this out I'm sure GD can Answer this in better Detail but till then here is a nowhere work around

Comment

Welcome to the V-Ray for Nuke section.

At the moment we use Brute Force for the GI, but we're working on implementing light cache in a suitable for Nuke way.
      For the AA - when the Adaptive checkbox is off VRay is using the Fixed sampler with 1 subdiv.
      We are also considering how to tie Progressive and RT with Nuke's scanline render in the future. However at the moment you can use them through VRayTranslator and Standalone.

Keep an eye on the forum - we'll post when big features get introduced to the nightly builds in the coming months.

Comment

Awesome guys, thank you for the answering and looking forward to see new stuff on the Nuke side!

Comment

Working...
        X