can't get VRayTranslator and standlone render to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't get VRayTranslator and standlone render to work

I am trying to export a vrscene file to render in standalone Vray but can't get it to work.
    Here is what I did:
    • I attached the node to my VRayRenderer node.
    • I exported a single frame vrscene file to my local SSD drive
    • I set an output image path in the imgFile field to /local2/test.exr

The "Render in V-Ray Standalone" button was disabled so I added this path to the V-Ray standalone location field:
    Code:
    /opt/vray_3.60.01/Nuke_10.5/vray_std/vray.bin
    After that the button became enabled but when I press it nothing happens, though I see this error in the terminal (despite having set the path manually):
    Code:
    /opt/vray_3.60.01/Nuke_10.5/vray_std/vray: line 3: [PLUGINS]/vray.bin: No such file or directory
    When I copy paste the command line from the "Others" group into the terminal I get a black frame and Vray says there are 0 objects and 0 lights in the scene, even though there shoudl be 1 object and 2 lights. output attached in a separate.
    The Nuke script and obj are also attached (the obj is temp, don't judge me ).

I am keen to try this workflow to see if I can use my GPU to speed up rendering compared to rendering through Nuke.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    frank
    Attached Files

Hey,

Did you do a zip install? Your vray plugins are not loading correctly.

Check this page how to install that correctly - https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...+from+ZIP+File

The Standalone button stays grey until there is a vrscene loaded or the vray standalone is not at it's default location.

Just tested your scene on both Windows and Linux and it's working correctly.
    Georgi Zhekov
    Phoenix Product Manager
    Chaos

Comment

Ok, thanks. I did do a zip install but must have missed something I will double check.

Thanks,
      frank

Comment

Perfect, thank you. I had completely overlooked the last two steps at the bottom of the page for zip installation.

Comment

Working...
        X