Look tab is missing for VRaySunSky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look tab is missing for VRaySunSky

I was just setting up a VRaySunSky with an Axis connected to the look pipe to drive the sun position more intuitively, but noticed that the look pipe is missing from that node, so I can't control which axis is used as the vector. Since the node produces the sun along it's +Z axis and the look vector is -Z that makes the look functionality somewhat useless in combination with the VraySunSky.

Could we have the look tab added please?

Cheers,
    frank

Hi Frank,

I do not understand exactly the problem here - the VRaySun has both "axis" (= position) and "look" (= direction) input. The look input is setup so that the connected axis node position will properly determine the direction the sun should be oriented to, removing the need for any additional look control.

I attach a screenshot of what I see here - the Axis2 is used as position axis while the Axis1 is used as look axis and you can clearly see the drawn direction arrow is going exactly where it should.

What do you see at your end ?
    Attached Files
    Christophe COT
    Software Developer - Chaos
    christophe.cot@chaos.com

Comment

Hi Christophe,
      the inputs are there but the tab is missing that allows one to define which axis to use for the "look" vector.
      The VrayCamera has it but the VraySunSky node does not. Here is a screen shot of the tab I mean:

Comment

Then my question is why would you ever need this tab assuming the direction vector is oriented correctly toward the connected axis position ?
        For the VRayCamera, I even never use this tab for the same reason and in fact it should probably goes away.
        Christophe COT
        Software Developer - Chaos
        christophe.cot@chaos.com

Comment

Well, it's be consistent with all other Nuke nodes that have a "look" pipe. I have rearranged my scene now to have an axis in the centre of my scene and make the sun look at that, rather than the other way around I probably just misinterpreted how the sun system was supposed to be used. It works fine now, but the look tab would simply be consistent. No big deal now that I stopped confusing myself

Comment

Working...
          X