can't open vray material editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't open vray material editor

Can't edit materials or open Vray material editor. Geting this pop up window: "Unable to initialize - no license or improper configuration". It started after vray updated to 3.7 version.

I had a similar problem. Everything worked except for the "Assets Browser" tab. The problem was solved after installing the latest version 3.70.02. The forum will be a link. Find, download and install.
    Regards. Marek.

Comment

Hi, Marek. Thank you for your answer. I searched forum and find you post about this issue. Problem was solved in private message from Ana Lyubenova - i assume link for latest version 3.70.02 also was sent to you in PM?? i couldn't find one there.

Comment

Hello I have the same problem, did you solved it?

Comment

Hi,
          Not yet but we are working to include it in a hotfix.
          Until then, the workaround is to start vrmateditor.exe from its folder location in C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray for Revit\vrmateditor

Best,
          Ana
          Ana Lyubenova
          Product Manager
          V-Ray for Revit
          www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hi everyone,
            a Colleque of mine has the same problem using the mat-editor.... Others dont have any problems. So is the Hotfix allready available ? Or will the version 3.70.02 fix the problem allready ?

Comment

Hi Tom,

The hotfix has been available for a month or so now. Here is a link to the download page. Version is 3.70.03.
              Update and let us know if the problem persists on your colleague's machine.

Best,
              Ana
              Ana Lyubenova
              Product Manager
              V-Ray for Revit
              www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hi Ana,

We are on the latest build (3.70.03) + Revit 2019 - fresh install.

Same problem. Can you please advise how to fix it?

Comment

Please, check if your antivirus software is blocking the vrmateditor.exe.
                  Ana Lyubenova
                  Product Manager
                  V-Ray for Revit
                  www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Build 3.70.04 has this same problem. Turning off antivirus doesn't help.
                    Double-click a .vrmat files does open the vrmateditor though.

Comment

Hi mjverbeek,

This will be fixed in the upcoming version. Please, use the workaround.
                      Ana Lyubenova
                      Product Manager
                      V-Ray for Revit
                      www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
                      X