Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble exporting/importing (certain) vray proxies between projects

Hi,

We are experiencing troubles with reusing vray proxy settings between different projects. The way we work (until now) is to use the most recently rendered project (which is the most complete in terms of set up proxies) and use that as a donor to import those settings in the new project. Up until now this worked fine.

Because the number of proxies started to expand, we wanted to bring some logic to all the RPC names to properly keep them apart. But now, for some reason, we can't sync the settings anymore for most proxies. Only one of the proxies have imported into the new project.

Process:
    1. Properly set up 'donor' project
    2. export Vray settings
    3. copy RPC to new project
    4. import Vray settings from donor project into new project
    5. … only 1 proxy is imported??

I have checked if RPC names are the same between the different projects and the exported text file and this seems to be the case. What really confuses me is that it does import 1 of the 15 set up proxies. Can anyone tell me what is happening that this is not working properly? I've attached images of the export, copy, import, settings etc.

Thnx in advance

Hello Pieter and Architecten Gilde team,

The issue appears on step 3. "copy RPCs to new project"
    By copying them, their names will remain the same, however, their unique ID numbers will be re-assigned and therefore, changed. This on the other hand breaks the V-Ray settings import because our settings are associated with RPC's ID numbers.

Solution: the RPCs should be created in your Revit template file (the one that you use every time when starting a new project from scratch). That's the way to keep the IDs the same.
    It is more of a Revit issue. We will double check what we can eventually do on our end though.

Let me know if you need further assistance,
    Ana
    Ana Lyubenova
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Revit
    www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Thanks for the response. Good to know wherein the issue lies. Does the name of the RPC even matter for the Vray link or is it purely on the basis of the model ID?

We will try to use the Template for creating similar object between projects.

Comment

No, the name of the RPC does not matter for the V-Ray link. The association is based on the model IDs. Those, however, change when you copy/paste from one project to another. Revit does so.
        When you put everything in a template and use it as a starting point for every project, then all IDs are kept the same.
        Ana Lyubenova
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Revit
        www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
        X