Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-ray next not working in revit 19

Hi

I've just got V-ray and I can't make it work together with Revit 19. I'm testing with a simple draft but the frame buffer window is not showing up, just the rendering progress window. After a while the percent in he buttom sometimes jumps up to around 30-35 percent but not more. Every time I try I have to restart Revit.
    It worked fine when I did a draft in a Revit 18 project. But not any of the Revit 19 projects I've tried is working.

Kind regards

Hello kaoskaos ,

Are you able to open the rest of the V-Ray windows like Asset Editor, Appearance Manager etc.?
    Are you using two monitors? If yes, do they have the same resolution? Have you checked if the VFB has fallen off the screen? (right click on Windows taskbar and select Cascade Windows option to see if it will appear)
    As you might know, the VFB icon on the V-Ray toolbar in Revit works as show-hide, have you tried clicking it multiple times and check if the VFB will appear?

If you can send us any of your projects that is not working, we'll be able to advise you better.

Best,
    Ana
    Ana Lyubenova
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Revit
    www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hi again

I am able to open the asset editor etc. I do use two monitors (laptop + monitor) but it was still not working when i unplugged the monitor. I don't think the problem is that the VFB is somewhere in the background, just that it won't start.

Where can I send the file?

Comment

The project I want to render is a large housing project. I had another project - a smaller villa made in Revit 2016, I was able to render it both in Revit 16 and after upgrading in Revit 19. I found that the time for making a small draft took a little longer time in Revit 19 and first looked similiar to the larger projects behaviour with the green percent in the bottom starting at around 30 percent. But the draft frame window showed up and the image rendered.

So now I know that it can work in Revit 2019, but not in our larger projects becaouse the loading time is so long so long? It should take just seconds

regards

Comment

Can you share your computer spec? You said you were using a laptop, right?
          Also, the V-Ray for Revit logs from C:\Users\your username\AppData\Roaming\Chaos Group\V-Ray for Revit 2019\Logs
          Use my e-mail: ana.lyubenova@chaosgroup.com
          Last edited by Ana Lyubenova; 24-01-2020, 09:55 AM.
          Ana Lyubenova
          Product Manager
          V-Ray for Revit
          www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
          X