Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Proxy Scene Problem

Hi Guys,

About Proxy Scene in Revit,I have some questions: I created a proxy scene in vray for skechup and I want use it in Revit by Appearance Manager. After I set up the proxy scene, the rendered screen shows that something is not in the correct position and Angle. For example, I tested a bed model and found that the rendered bed was rotated by an Angle. What is the reason?The bed model I placed in Skechup is at the origin and has no rotation Angle.

I'll need to check this but my first guess is that coordinate systems of both SketchUp and Revit differ in direction. In such cases, use rotation settings in Appearance Manager.
    Ana Lyubenova
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Revit
    www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hi @Ana Lyubenova,
      Regarding the problem I described above, are there any test results? I have found several other Skethup models for testing, and they all have the same problem. The common feature of the problem is that the rendering results of the proxy scene exported from SU are wrong in proportion and wrong in position in Revit Vray. For the same model, I have tested with 3Dmax and found that there is no such problem. The 3DMax VRay exported proxy scenes render perfectly in Revit VRay. So is this a SketchUp VRay Bug?

Comment

Hi mad_max5 ,

Can you send me some of those models at ana.lyubenova@chaosgroup.com?

Thanks,
        Ana
        Ana Lyubenova
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Revit
        www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hi Ana @Ana Lyubenova,

The model file has been sent to your email. Please check. If you have any conclusion, please feel free to contact me.Thanks a lot.

Comment

Hello mad_max5 ,

I'm posting my response here, as it might be useful for other users too.

1. The proxy mesh you sent was exported with origin placed at the corner of the bounding box. This is why when rendered in Revit, it appears shifted. Next time you export a proxy file from SketchUp, please, make sure the origin is set correctly. Here is a video demonstrating how to set it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hPJ...ew?usp=sharing Attached are also the results in Vision before and after the origin adjustments. The poles indicate the origins of the Revit families that were replaced.
            2. I can confirm that there is a bug in a specific proxy scene case. It looks like it matches the issue you experienced. Proxy scenes appear incorrectly positioned in cases when they are used as a replacements of in-place families. We'll do our best to fix the issue. Until then, the workaround is to use loadable families instead of in-place ones.

Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Best,
            Ana
            Attached Files
            Ana Lyubenova
            Product Manager
            V-Ray for Revit
            www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hi [email]Ana@Ana Lyubenova,

Thank you for your reply. I think I understand what you said about the origin. Proxy vrscene use the origin of components, not the origin of projects. This is different from 3DMAX. Resetting the origin of components can solve the origin problem of proxy vrscene. However, I still don't understand the scale of proxy vrscene. I set the scale of units in SketchUp to mm, and the scale in Revit to mm. But why does the scale of proxy vrscene generated in SketchUp become decimeter when they are put into Revit?
              Last edited by mad_max5; 13-06-2021, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you Ana for the solution of the origin, it's really helpfull
                I've got the same observation about scale but from revit to sketchup with a vrscene, A wall of 10m high is 0.83m high. The unit of sketchup and revit are both in m.
                +

Comment

Working...
                X