Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Geometry Tessellation

Hi,

I found that the Geometry Tessellation parameter value only works for families that are created normally. When I create a family with an imported DWG Geometry, this parameter does not work. How can I make the smoothness function work for imported DWG Geometry as well?
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi mad_max5 ,

This occurs because of the way Revit treats external geometries, so it's out of our control.
    Ana Lyubenova
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Revit
    www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

[email]Hi@Ana Lyubenova,

I don't think your reply is satisfactory, about this, I have tested other software, such as Enscape, they have solved this problem very well(You can compare the difference between Enscape and VRay on this issue by looking at the two images below ), whether it is to create a family normally or by importing a DWG file to create a family, they can smooth the surface, I don't know how they solve this problem,
      However, I think your team should still work hard to solve this problem, after all, as a commercial software with such a wide audience, you should not lose competitiveness in this feature.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi mad_max51 ,

Can you provide more details about how these models were created? Were they exported from another 3d platform in .dwg format or natively created in AutoCAD? Also, can you send us that file?

Ana Lyubenova
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Revit
        www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hi Ana Lyubenova,

This problem exists both in DWG files exported through other 3D platforms and in 3D DWG models created through AutoCAD. Maybe you can through the website can get a lot of similar model, they have a free model library for users to use https://www.revitfam.com/public-library/
          Typically, export the model from a DWG file in 3DMAX or Sketchup, define the layers in AutoCAD, and then import them into Revit to create the family file.
          It is also important to note that before exporting DWG from 3DMAX or Sketchup, if the model faces are too many, you must reduce the file size by reducing the face number. Otherwise, the exported DWG file is too large and will not be able to be imported into Revit.This is the root reason why DWG files are not smooth when imported into Revit to create family files.
          Last edited by mad_max51; 20-07-2021, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X