Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Materials not applying to linked models

Hi All,

As subject suggests, i'm having problems with materials not applying to linked models - am I doing something wrong or is this a known bug and is there anything I can do about it? As you can see from the attached image, everything is overwritten, the correct view is being rendered, yet the default Revit materials still apply.

Also, I thought in previous version you could filter by materials used (for linked models as well) rather than having to work out which materials are actually being used. If not that would be great to implement.

Thanks

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	633.3 KB ID:	1116862

Actually i'd like to post a correction here, it's no longer just happening on linked models, as you can see from the attached, it's not applying at all. Incidentally this is a completely fresh install on Revit 2019 (though 2020 was doing it as well).
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi derek_porter,

Please confirm which the V-Ray for Revit version you are working with is. Also, it would be good to send us the logs of the application. Use the navigation link included in the About window.

Thanks,
      Tanya Dilkovska-Petrova
      Tanya Dilkovska-Petrova
      Team Lead
      V-Ray for Revit

www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hi Tanya,

Version is 5.10.07 (33655 6549f5334) May 20 2021.

Please find log file attached.

I did have a bit of a breakthrough last night though it seems to be a bit buggy. If I went into the appearance manager, removed the material and reapplied it and it (often) started to work. Presumably not working as intende. When coupled with the fact that you can't filter out which Revit materials are actually being utilised is extremely frustrating and time consuming, particularly as that functionality worked in the previous release (as far as I recall). Incidentally the filter doesn't seem to work irrespective of whether it's a linked model or not (please see attached image). That majority of the materials seen in the image are not utilised in the model - they just exist in the material library.

Thanks
        Attached Files
        Last edited by derek_porter; 17-06-2021, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Hi derek_porter,

Regarding the Materials filter options here is an extract from our online documentation with some additional explanation:
          Used in project – Allows you to choose from all materials in your current Project. - This means that linked documents materials will not appear in the list. It shows all materials defined in the main project no matter whether they are associated with some geometry or not.

Latest Render – Shows a list of all materials that were exported by V-Ray during the latest render you have done. - This option will limit the items in the list to the ones that are assigned to at least one geometry element in the rendered view. To enable it you must start at least one renderer of the desired view. It is enough to have the scene data exported to V-Ray. There is no need to wait the renderer to finish to use this filter option.
          Reviewing your log file shows us an error raised during the plugin initialization phase:
          System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\RobertS\AppData\Roaming\Chaos Group\V-Ray for Revit 2019\VRayPlugins.backup.637594509505715978\.json'.
          It is clear that the above file path is invalid. V-Ray does not construct such file paths. Please download the installer from your account again and reinstall the plugin. Different issues may popup if the plugin is not properly installed or initialized on start up.

Please also advise if you have used another older V-Ray version previously with the same project.

It would be best to contact our support team as they may organize online session to figure out the reasons for the experienced problems

Best,
          Tanya
          Tanya Dilkovska-Petrova
          Team Lead
          V-Ray for Revit

www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
          X