X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burned window

hi
    01/ i don't know why my window is burned like that
    in lights-gen and in v-ray vision it's good but when i render it looks like that "pic"
    02/ when i stop render without waiting it to finish i get a black shoot in VFB "pic"
    Attached Files
    Last edited by moneech; 17-08-2021, 10:45 AM.

Hi moneech ,

We'll need the Revit model plus your V-Ray for Revit log. Can you email me?

Best,
    Ana
    Ana Lyubenova
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Revit
    www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

hi Ana Lyubenova
      revit model you mean revit file!

Comment

I was going to request these via email:
        1. The Revit file
        2. A .vrscene file exported as archive (to export it as archive, you need to first enable the Export As Archive option in V-Ray Settings/Paths & Sharing tab)
        3. The V-Ray for Revit log file generated during these errors. It is found in C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Chaos Group\V-Ray for Revit 20xx\Logs
        Ana Lyubenova
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Revit
        www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

HI @Ana Lyubenova
          it's done
          hope you found a solution
          thanks at advance

Comment

I haven't received anything yet. Can you retry.
            Here's my email again: ana.lyubenova@chaosgroup.com
            Ana Lyubenova
            Product Manager
            V-Ray for Revit
            www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hi again moneech ,

On the Vision screenshot you attached, Vision is using a Dome Light whereas the Light Gen tool has V-Ray Sun variants generated. I'm attaching the image back with these things indicated. It's obvious that the scenario hasn't been applied. Hence, the difference in both images.
              In addition, be informed that Vision is not based on the same technology as V-Ray. Therefore, while it can give you a fast preview, its render results won't match V-Ray perfectly. This is especially valid for interiors, as Vision cannot handle the global illumination. That said, what you've experienced is sort of expected.

I ran a quick test of your Revit model. Light Gen results are correctly applied on light variant click. The V-Ray image, which displays the physically accurate light, appears a bit over bright in the window areas but that can be easily adjusted using VFB exposure correction layer. (See attached images)

As for the black VFB, can you confirm if you had an older version of V-Ray for Revit previously installed on your computer? (f.e. V-Ray Next or V-Ray 3.x)
              Next time the VFB becomes black, can you immediately navigate to the V-Ray logs folder and send us the most recently generated V-Ray for Revit log file?

Best,
              Ana
              Attached Files
              Ana Lyubenova
              Product Manager
              V-Ray for Revit
              www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
              X