Asset editor not loading new materials into scene tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asset editor not loading new materials into scene tab

Running V-ray 5.10.07 on Revit 2020.2.4 and when using the V-Ray asset editor I find that I am unable to take materials from the material library (on the left of the window) and load into the scene. when i try nothing happens. The same is for when Importing an asset, ill locate the file on my drive and nothing will happen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Revit Vray material asset Editor.PNG
Views:	609
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	1128482
    Thanks in advance for the help.

Dear mark_arkley, hello.

Please confirm that you are trying to add them with drag & drop to the central Asset Editor panel.
    If yes and this isn't working, could you share with us you neui4revit log, which could be easily found by clicking here after you have already tried to select and use materials from the Preset Material Library.

In addition, we recommend updating to our last version, available here.

Waiting for your answer.

Best regards,
    TS
    Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
    3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Thanks for the response. Here is the neui4revit log...

I can confirm i tried to add them with the drag and drop command.
      As for the updated version (V-ray 1.2), i had that installed until recently and un-installed and re-installed the previous version due to this asset editor issue hoping that the previous system version would fix it. Unfortunately that hasn't been the case.

Regards
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi mark_arkley,

First, it is not a good idea to downgrade any software as an already upgraded project may be broken when loaded with an older version. Please install the latest version, try the same actions and send us the latest V-Ray for Revit log file. It can be easily found using the link in the About window.

Regards,
        Tanya
        Tanya Dilkovska-Petrova
        Team Lead
        V-Ray for Revit

www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Yes. Please follow Tanya's advice, mark_arkley.
          Contact us back and if the issue persists, to speed things up, take a look at the schedule that I have sent you in a PM and agree for a TeamViewer session.

Comment

Having installed the latest version of V-ray the issue persists. I have attached the new Log file.

Thanks
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello again, Tanya demanded to look this log (do it right after you have tried importing materials from the Library).
              Please attach it too and I am waiting for your decision about the remote session.

Comment

Hello,
                Appologies i miss-read what you were asking for. Here is the Vray for Revit log.
                I noticed when looking at the log that the error that occurs from attempting to import materials from the library is the path to the DLL 'vrmatmigrate.dll' file. The file in question can be found in C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\V-Ray for Revit so im not sure why this comes up.
                Attached Files

Comment

Thank you, mark_arkley!
                  This clue is really helpful.

Please answer the following questions (pointed out also here):
                  • OS version
                  • are you trying to open scenes created with V-Ray Next
                  • is it happening when starting work in a blank new project

Comment

Hi mark_arkley,

Not a problem and thanks for the provided file. Please check and share with us the exact version of your Windows OS. It could be seen in its About window.

Afterwards, please download and install the latest Visual C++ Redistributable.

If the problem persists we will need to do a remote session to identify the exact issue in your system using some debugging tools.

Please advise if you have also installed other plugins for Revit. This could also be due to a conflict with some of them.

Regards,
                    Tanya
                    Tanya Dilkovska-Petrova
                    Team Lead
                    V-Ray for Revit

www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hi Tanya & Tsvetomira,
                      Good new the Visual C++ Redistributable was causing the issue after all. It required a manual update using the Windows online updating website to properly do the update (update tool in programs manager didnt achieve this). Thank you for your assistance

Comment

Great news. Thank you for sharing, mark_arkley!

Enjoy your work with V-Ray.

Contact us again if needed.

Comment

Working...
                        X