Vray Rendering in Grayscale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Rendering in Grayscale

I have multiple materials applied in revit and vray and correctly mapped in my appearance manager but everything still renders in grayscale. Thoughts?
    Attached Files

Hi Kristy,

To me, it looks like the global material overrides are on. Can you check that? (in the Global Overrides tab of the Appearance Manager)

Best,
    Ana
    Ana Lyubenova
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Revit
    www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

All of my global material overrides are set to vray. Does this look correct?
      Attached Files

Comment

Yes, the panel looks correct. No V-Ray material is used as a global override.

Ok, a few other things are coming to my mind:
        1. Are you sure that all your Revit geometries are mapped with a Revit material? (You can easily check that by navigating to the Global Overrides tab of the Appearance Manager, change the missing Revit materials color to something bright like red or yellow and re-render. If that color appears somewhere, this would mean that the respective geometry needs to be assigned a native material in Revit.)
        2. What happens if you change the environment light? From what I see, it is set to Dome Light using solid color. Can you check if switching to Sun makes a difference?
        3. Is that a linked model? If yes, you might have to change the Revit Phase Mapping from within the Type Properties panel of the linked model.

If none of these helps, we'll send you time slots for a remote session.

Best,
        Ana
        Ana Lyubenova
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Revit
        www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Ana,

None of the above worked and I don't have a linked model. Everything looks to be correct.

Comment

Dear kristy_schneider, hello.

Please share with us a screenshot of your V-Ray Frame Buffer with its right wing open, like this. Perhaps you have added some Color Corrections.
            If there aren't any corrections used, please take a look here. This is also an option which could make the image monochrome.

If these two actions don't show the solution, please agree for a TeamViewer session.
            I will send you the schedule via PM to book if needed.

Best regards,
            TS
            Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
            3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Working...
            X