Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V-ray for Revit could not complete external command and more.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-ray for Revit could not complete external command and more.

V-ray for Revit worked perfectly for months but now it seems like every time I try to render I either get Revit telling me there has been an error and crashing or that they could not complete the external command (Image attached). This has been incredibly frustrating for me. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling V-ray, Revit and the Autodesk material libraries and nothing has worked. If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know!

Hello Peter,

Let's start with some questions:
    1. Does this issue occur on attempt to render a specific Revit project or it is reproducible with any project?
    2. Are you on the latest Update 2 of V-Ray for Revit? And which is your Revit version?
    3. Is your project (work)shared? If yes, is there a chance that project users have different V-Ray versions installed?
    4. Can you please attempt to reproduce the issue in a fresh Revit session. Once the error message pops up, navigate to C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Chaos Group\V-Ray for Revit 20xx\logs and send us the most recently generated V-Ray for Revit log file.

Best,
    Ana
    Ana Lyubenova
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Revit
    www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

1. This issue occurs with most files I've tried it on with varying levels of frequency
      2.I have V-Ray for Revit 5.20.21 and Revit 2022
      3. My work is not shared
      4. I am unsure which logs to send as some were successful and some failed

Comment

4. You can archive and send us all logs. We'll look for the problematic one. Please, use my email ana.lyubenova@chaosgroup.com
        Ana Lyubenova
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Revit
        www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
        X