Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VRay + Revit + Swarm - basically useless.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay + Revit + Swarm - basically useless.

Support Ticket 118091 has not been responded to for several days, so I'll try my luck here.

2x Windows 11 Pro PC's, with Revit 2023 & VRay installed.
    We have one V-Ray Collection, and one V-Ray Render Node (for 2 render nodes total)

We are able to render from either PC, using the "Enable VRay" option on the VRay Ribbon inside Revit. This invokes a stand-alone render on that particular PC.
    VRay Swarm UI shows (sometimes!) both PC's available "Enabled". As soon as rendering starts on the one PC from within Revit, the other disappears from Swarm UI.
    Performance monitoring on each PC confirms that only the PC which starts the render is being utilised.

I'm extremely disappointed in the lack of support or documentation available for Swarm. We purchased the additional render node specifically to enable this feature, and are unable to use it.
    We had a project due last week with 12+ renders required, we were unable to meet our deadline and had to apologize to our end client for not delivering on time.

Somebody, anybody, please respond to either this post or the support ticket.

Dear conrad_dubois​, hello.

Excuse us for the delayed reaction.
    I bumped the priority of the ticket today and contacted the dedicated team on the day you posted here.
    We are experiencing a huge load at the support system last weeks.

You will be contacted soon in the opened ticket.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,
    TS
    Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
    3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X