Scatter - toposolid Revit 2024 cannot be host

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scatter - toposolid Revit 2024 cannot be host

Hi Ana - toposurface has been replaced by toposolid in Revit 2024. The toposolid cannot be selected as a host for scatter. Will there be a fix for this?

Hi Harry,

Sorry, I've missed that message. I'm gonna address the issue and will let you know when to expect a fix for it.

- Ana
    Ana Lyubenova
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Revit
    www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hi Ana, do you know if the fix will be soon ? I noticed that i cannot use the scatter on component too... like i can only put it on basic floor.... can u let me know too when it will be fix?

Thank you !!!
      Last edited by alexandre_sibaud; 06-09-2023, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Hi alexandre_sibaud,

By design, scatter works only on system families (floors, walls, roofs etc.). For some reason, it can't be applied to the new toposolid which is a bug on our end, and has already been addressed with tracking number 4437.
        Can you give us more details about what is the final result you want to achieve by applying scatter on a component? That way we could either decide on extending that functionality, or we can advise with workaround workflows.

Regards,
        Ana
        Ana Lyubenova
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Revit
        www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hi Ana - we use scatter mostly for making landscapes with many Cosmos asset instances of different planting on them. In Revit 2024 the only way to make the topography for a landscape is now as a Toposolid, not a Toposurface. So we cannot now apply our planting instances to topography anymore.

Let me know if you need any more info

Harry

Comment

Hi ana

"Can you give us more details about what is the final result you want to achieve by applying scatter on a component? "

Yep, like Harry says i use scatter to spread plants and flower on a surface and sometimes i'd like to make it on "in-place" component, which i use to draw more complexe geometry than a simple flat floor. The floor issu would be solved with the toposolid, but That would be really great too if you can extend this to "in-place" component !

Thank u, have a good one

Alex

Comment

Hi Ana - just checking if there has been any progress with this?

Comment

Yes, we fixed it and there will be a hotfix soon. I can't share the actual date but it's already scheduled.
                Ana Lyubenova
                Product Manager
                V-Ray for Revit
                www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hey all,

The fix is now available. Here's a link to the downloads section of our website.

Regards,
                  Ana
                  Ana Lyubenova
                  Product Manager
                  V-Ray for Revit
                  www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
                  X