Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosmos causes Revit to Freeze when importing models

Hello,

Vantage 2.2.1 & Revit 2023 issue. Cosmos allows me to download model, when I hit import the Revit UI freezes. Task Manager does not indicate Revit is "Not Responding". Memory and CPU running fine with no spikes.

Happened occasionally with 2.2

Are you using Vantage live link when this happens? Are you using the Cosmos browser in Revit or the one in Vantage? Which Cosmos asset causes the freeze? Can you provide the file %APPDATA%/Chaos Group/Vantage/debug_log.txt produced when the freeze happens?
    Nikola Goranov
    Chaos Developer

Comment

Dear Warifus​, hello.

The described behaviour sounds more related to V-Ray for Revit and Cosmos.
      Please take into account Nikola's questions asked above and answer. Then we will be able to understand the situation in greater detail.

In addition I will add the following:
      • is it happening without Vantage or only when it is used for Live Link?
      • how much time the freeze lasts - are you able to continue your work after it or you need to Force Quit?
      • after experiencing this again, please collect also the latest VRayForRevit.log (from %AppData%\Roaming\Chaos Group\V-Ray for Revit 2023\Logs) and the cb.log (from C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup\ChaosCosmos)
      Waiting for your answer.

Best regards,
      TS
      Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
      3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

• Not using live link (happens with both)
        • Chaos Cosmos for Revit (top ribbon)
        • Downloading model asset named "Agave" (second one)
        • Freeze lasts for very long time, need to force quit
        • %AppData%\Roaming\Chaos Group\V-Ray for Revit 2023\Logs​ - does not appear on my system
        • C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup\ChaosCosmos - message appears "cb.log
          Upload failed. You are not allowed to upload files with the extension log.​" when attempting to upload to forum​
        Attached Files

Comment

If I understand your post correctly, you're having the slowdown in Revit without running Vantage. In this case the issue can't be caused by Vantage.

I didn't see anything unusual in the log file. Side note: you're using driver 546.01 which has an issue causing Vantage to start slowly every time. Upgrade to 546.33 or newer to avoid this.
          Nikola Goranov
          Chaos Developer

Comment

Hi again, Warifus.

Looks like your inquiry is not related to Vantage indeed.
            Then it will be better to move the thread to another forum section. And I will do it now.
            Please be informed that you are able to upload the needed logs here if you add them into archive or via our contact form.

The folder where VRayForRevit.log is located could be also easily found from About window (V-Ray > Help > About > V-Ray Revit Session Log).
            After experiencing the issue and reopening Revit after that, you could click over from there, but you should choose the log from the previous session (where is listed the process when you force quit).

Very important is to share too, is the freeze happening if you try go load Cosmos assets into a new blank scene or is it experienced only within this specific scene.

Comment

I found the solution. I was attempting to import Chaos Cosmos assets with only the 3D View active. It wasn't until I had a 'Floor Plan' view active that I was able to import the Chaos Cosmos assets without a freeze.

Comment

Thank you for clarifying, Warifus!

Glad to know that everything is fine now.
                Happy New Year and joyful work with V-Ray for Revit & Chaos Cosmos!

Comment

Working...
                X