Vantage connection _Low res materials on linked models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vantage connection _Low res materials on linked models

Seems that the materials in linked files are only in preview resolution in the vantage link. What am I missing? Materials are loaded in the file and working properly. No error message on texture I'm inspecting... When connecting directly from the "linked file" materials work properly in full resolution.

Hi tehamnes​,

Could you please provide the following details regarding this issue:
    • Revit version
    • V-Ray for Revit version
    • Vantage version
    • Screenshots displaying the problem

Comment

Hi Zhanet,

First I should point out that the materials i inspected are native Revit materials so that is likely the case...? Anyway, the darker wood material seems to maintain its resolution linked or not, but the lighter (originally higer res) material becomes heavily blurred/low res.
      Both have *.png image format as source diffuse image.
      Have not tried with vray materials yet...

Revit version: 24.2.0.63
      Vray for Revit version: 6.10.04
      Vantage Version: 2.2.3, Build: 2118204

Both attached crops at appoximately "same size" from a 1080p view in vantage.

Attached Files

Comment

Update:

Tried with Vray material and that works on the linked file
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello tehamnes​, thank you for sharing the screenshots. I've conducted some tests with a simple scene, but I wasn't able to reproduce the issue. To further investigate, could you please provide the following information:
          • Is this issue specific to the linked model you mentioned, or does it occur consistently across all scenes?
          • If you open this scene independently (not as a linked model) and start Vantage, does the problem persist?
          • Are you using the same materials in your main scene, and do they appear correctly in Vantage?
          • It would be greatly appreciated if you could share the model for further testing. You can either share your scene here or submit a new ticket in our Support System.

Please make sure that you are uploading the scene with all assets for it. In order to do this, export .vrscene as archive by following these steps:
            1. Go to Settings > Paths & Sharing
            2. Enable Export As Archive
            3. Go to Render Tab menu and select Export V-Ray Scene
            or check the following link
            Please send us both .rvt file and archive file.

Please note that we recommend using V-Ray materials due to their compatibility across different Chaos applications.

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X