Swarm Computers Not Showing Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swarm Computers Not Showing Up

I'm experiencing issues with certain computers not showing up on the list of available swarm computers. There are 3 computers in particular that will never show up. I have reinstalled everything on the computers and they have all the same settings of our other computers. They can access the swarm and render using swarm computers but they themselves never show up as an available swarm computer. If you go into the swarm user interface they are not listed but if you type in their specific IP address they will then pop up on the screen with the rest of the computers.

Has anyone else had any issues like this? These three computers happen to also be three of the fastest computers in our office so we'd ideally like them to be available for swarm.

Hi mlane224,

This issue sounds like Swarm version mismatch. Despite that you have reinstalled everything, can you please check the Swarm version itself? Open Swarm web manager. In the address bar, type the IP of the problematic machine. Find its Swarm version in the menu on the left.

Let us know also which V-Ray for Revit version do you use. Do you use any other products of ours (e.g. V-Ray for Sketchup)?

Best,
    Ana
    Ana Lyubenova
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Revit
    www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hi Ana,

We currently are only using V-Ray for Revit 2018 but I did take a look at the versions and they're all the same however there seem to be two different dates, a June 19 2017 and a July 27 2017. Would the dates cause this issue even though it's the same version? I can try to go through and reinstall on every computer so they have the same dates, I'm not sure how we ended up with two dates in the first place.

Thanks,

Mike

Comment

Mike, please let us know your V-Ray for Revit version. It is listed in the About box which can be found after expanding the Help menu from the V-Ray toolbar. In the About box you will see 3 versions, I am asking for the one at the bottom.
        Do you also use V-Ray for SketchUp or Rhino?

Best,
        Ana
        Ana Lyubenova
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Revit
        www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

The version is 3.50.02 (e1ec17f). No we don't use Skethcup or Rhino, just Revit.

Thanks,
          Mike

Comment

Hi Mike,

This may be caused by several reasons. Network settings, firewall settings, anti-virus software sometimes, etc.
            How many network adapters these machines have? Is there a virtualization software, which adds network adapter?

To workaround this situation, until we find the problem, try to set master node for the problematic Swarms manually.
            1. Chose a machine which works as expected and get its IP address
            2. Go to the problematic machines at the Swarm UI (hostname:24267)
            3. Click on the configuration tab, which is displayed by the menu on the left (or hostname:24267/configuration)
            4. Disable the machine - the toggle is in the top right position
            5. Click on the checkbox in Network Discovery to disable it
            6. Few text inputs should be listed - Primary Master Node, Alternate Master Node1 and Alternate Master Node2
            7. In the text input for Primary Master Node, enter the IP address of the working machine (from step one)
            8. Save and enable machine
            If I've understand the problem correctly, this workaround should help you. To continue investigating the problem, I'll need more detailed information about the network configuration of this cluster, so please, send it to me via personal message or email at pavel.angelov@chaosgroup.com

Thanks,
            Pavel

Comment

Working...
            X