Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with native Vray lights

Hello,

I imported some Vray lighting assets (see CHAOSCapture.png) but no one seems to emit light. Also I can't see them in the Vray asset editor so I can't modulate the Vray lights from there.
    I also turned on the LightMix channel but although I changed the value to the maximum (see CHAOSCapture2.png) for the "Cosmos Pendant 007 (140 ?) it doesn't seem to emit a lot of light. Is this the right way to proceed ?

Thanks in advance for your help !
    Attached Files

Dear catherine_depaepe, hello.

You could find the imported to your scene Cosmos objects in V-Ray Appearance Manager. In our latest version looks like this, they have now separate tab under Families.
    About the other question, this light source of this specific pendant isn't visible (as you see the lamp body is a solid non-transparent object painted in black).
    If you see the light dots over the kitchen worktop, they are result of the lighting and the increased values.
    If you look from a different angle and from a lower point of view, you will see the light.

Please choose another model, which will work better for your scenario.
    And we will discuss with the dedicated teams could something be improved about this specific one.

Best regards,
    TS
    Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
    3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Hello catherine_depaepe ,

Can you let us know if you are using the default Camera exposure value (EV)? It is visible on the V-Ray toolbar. By chance, have you attempted to decrease it?

Best,
      Ana
      Ana Lyubenova
      Product Manager
      V-Ray for Revit
      www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Thanks for joining, Ani!

Yes, if you follow her advice (example here), catherine_depaepe, you will see the light much more clearer.
        Just play around with Rest and Environment in LightMix to receive the wanted result and compare variants.
        Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
        3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X