Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Lighting for Revit

Hi there,
    when could we hope to get some standard Vray lighting assets (as Sketchup and Rhino)
    as the Revit lights don't seem to be able to match these assets quality.

Attached Files

Hello merca3,

All Revit lights (16 in total) are converted to V-Ray lights under the hood. Changing any of their native Revit parameters would also affect the V-Ray rendering.
    If there are any issues with the rendering quality, they could be either a matter of settings adjustment, or it could be a bug, for which we'll need more details in order to reproduce it in our environment.

May be you meant that you want a richer variety of light types or you want more control over the lights parameters themselves? Is that what you meant?

Best,
    Ana
    Ana Lyubenova
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Revit
    www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hi Ana

I am trying to replicate a Vray Rectangle Light in Revit, (which seems to be a flat polygon with normals)
      but the only Revit flat light seems to be a hemisphere?

Also I can't find a way to hide the light source in the render as Vray doesn't give you control of
      the Revit light parameters? (Should be in rectangle light/options/invisible)

For the windows I want to replicate a Vray Directional light but I am using a revit spherical light to simulate
      the sun's rays - there may be a better way to do this.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	vray lights.jpg Views:	0 Size:	86.9 KB ID:	1167290 Click image for larger version  Name:	revit lights.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.4 KB ID:	1167291 Click image for larger version  Name:	test dome 0 white.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.7 KB ID:	1167292
      Last edited by merca3; 07-12-2022, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X