Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link *.vrscene inside family.

Hi everyone.

I tried to link *.vrscene file not in project, but inside family, in the image below you can see it must work, but it doesn't, in family everything is loaded and linked,.
    Is there way to do this or not.
    Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Hi veent_veent,

Unfortunately, using V-Ray replacements for materials and geometry inside a family is not supported at this stage. Please advise why creating a vrscene replacement in the main document for the whole family is not working for you and what makes you want to have this option.

So far we have covered only the case when replacements are defined in a linked document and you have several options to control their behavior.

Regards,
    Tanya Dilkovska-Petrova
    Team Lead
    V-Ray for Revit
    Tanya Dilkovska-Petrova
    Team Lead
    V-Ray for Revit

www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Thanks for answer. It is not a problem for me, but question is just about comfort... I have big library of 3ds max objects and desided prepare most popular models for "vray in revit" without necessity to load and link every time *.vrscene file in Revit.
      So, I open *.max model, then export *.vrscene, then make lightweight *.obj file and make *.rfa model from it, and all of this in the same folder in my library, so here I have *.max, *.rfa, *.obj (loaded in *.rfa) and (as I assume) linked *.vrscene to this, all in one folder ready without extra steps,.
      In the image below you can see some of my last work, and I always looking for optimising my job.
      Attached Files

Comment

Here's the current workflow which will help you achieve basically the same result.

Have the Revit family (.rfa) placeholders loaded in your family template, so that you start every project with the same set of families.
        Associate them with their .vrscene replacements. And export these settings as a replacements preset which you can load on any new project start. (To export a preset, navigate to V-Ray Settings/Paths & Sharing/select settings categories you want to export and hit the Export button)

Let me know if you get the idea.

Best,
        Ana
        Ana Lyubenova
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Revit
        www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Thanks, looks like a appropriate solution... I'll try.

Comment

Yup. Let me know if you need further help.
            Ana Lyubenova
            Product Manager
            V-Ray for Revit
            www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
            X