Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In version 6 how may I modify grass with the Grass & Fur option not in the Appearance Manager?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In version 6 how may I modify grass with the Grass & Fur option not in the Appearance Manager?

I'm a beginner using V-Ray 6 for Revit for the first time and I'm trying to get the grass to not appear flat. The various videos I've found show a Grass & Fur option in the Appearance Manager but I see a Contour option in it's place. Would someone be able to direct me to where I may be able to modify the grass to appear 3D, please?

Dear chris_forsyth​, hello.

Could you please share example images to be more visible what may be wrong?
    Since you are seeing differences between the videos and your V-Ray UI, it may be due to different V-Ray versions.
    It will be helpful to include screenshot from V-Ray > Help > About the and links to the videos that you have been watching.

I will describe the general steps:
    1. Fur should be created in V-Ray Asset Editor, see here
    2. You should assign the Fur to the chosen geometry and its assigned material in V-Ray Appearance Manager (a grey dot will appear in front of the material name if the operation succeeded), see here
    3. You could replace the already assigned to the chosen geometry Revit material with a V-Ray one (for example some Grass material from Chaos Cosmos), see here
    Please try these steps and contact us back.

Best regards,
    TS
    Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
    3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X