Vray 6 material tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 6 material tutorials

Hi all, I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of any tutorials on advanced materials for Vray 6 in Revit? All I can find has older versions which has a material editor which Vray 6 doesnt seem to have?

Thanks

Dear nakita_chan​, hello.

Welcome to Chaos Forums!
    The Preset Material Library is now available as a part of Chaos Cosmos, please take a look here.
    Many advanced materials are available there. If you are missing something as a content, it could be also requested at the upper right corner of the Cosmos Browser from . . . > Request assets.

If further assistance is needed, just share.

Best regards,
    TS
    Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
    3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

In addition, it may be helpful to pay attention to the presented workflow at this webinar, since the shown technics are still applicable no matter of the V-Ray version.
      The information is structured in labeled Chapters, creating/using advanced materials is the topic after the 22 minute.

The described from me in the first post is visually shown in this video, you could take a glimpse at it too.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I will look at those links firs and let you know but the reason behind myself asking is that I wanted to find a tutorial that helps with creating your own materials for specific local products I might want to use. I am based in Australia and id rather make my own material quickly of a local product to get a quick result rather than having to wait for chaos to produce one. Or better yet, is there a forum request post? I did request via the chaos browser, but its functionality is very limited so I couldnt be much help on it, like send direct links to swatches etc.
        Last edited by nakita_chan; 14-05-2023, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Hi again,

Yes, please take a look at the previously shared videos. Then we could discuss details.
          As far as I understand you are searching for general rules and you want to reproduce local product materials, so the question stands for specific tasks which we could discuss one by one.
          I assume that if you start creating even one of those and you meet certain questions, we could take a look and give advices.
          Without details it's hard to provide specific solution what more is needed compared to the shown in the video examples.

Waiting for the continuance.
          Wishing you a happy & productive week : )

Comment

Hello nakita_chan,

If you want to request a specific material to be included in Chaos Cosmos, one way is to use the request via the browser itself, the other one is to write in the dedicated Chaos Cosmos section of this forum.

In my opinion, one of the easiest ways to start creating your own materials is to use a similar material from the Cosmos library that you edit and replace its textures. Then, as a next step, you can start exploring the individual material parameters.

Regards,
            Ana
            Ana Lyubenova
            Product Manager
            V-Ray for Revit
            www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
            X