Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scatter map density

Hello,

I've got some diffilculties with the map density apply to scatter. How it is working ? and what are the parameter to use for the map ? please

Dear Blizard​, hello.

I will share a little trick that could help you to understand how the Density map is applied to Scatter.
    After choosing Scatter Guests and host please follow these steps:

1. Create a new Generic material (named here Test_Scatter​) and apply the desired for Scatter density map into the Diffuse channel (Paste it as Instance), see here. Used in the example is V-Ray Checker Texture.
    2. Apply Test_Scatter material to the host geometry (it will be temporary until you receive the visual understanding and the wanted effect) and perform a test render, see here.
    3. Go to Test_Scatter > Diffuse slot (= Scatter density map) > Texture Placement and change Repeat U/V values. Perform another render to see the result, see here.
    4. If you need, tweak other Scatter parameters as well. For example Seed, see here.
    5. Replace Test_Scatter material​ with another one more suitable for your final rendering, see here.

Please perform the described above and contact us with feedback.
    Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
    TS
    Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
    3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Hi,

Thank you, it 's working very well. My issue was with the UV map to 0.01
      Thank you again

Best regards

Comment

You are welcome!