AMD WX7100 vs Quadro M4000 with V-Ray 3.6 inside Revit 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD WX7100 vs Quadro M4000 with V-Ray 3.6 inside Revit 2018

Been doing some testing - Been using Haswell 6 Core i7 with M4000 with great success for some time. Wanted to compare so ordered WX7100 rof my KabyLake 4 core i7 (Both with ASUS Motherboards and 32Gb DDR4 RAM). Both have m.2 boot drives

Many of the specs are comparable on paper for these two cards. The Quadro works as expected.
    The AMD card however is not allowing me to use GPU to speed up rendering. It appears in the following link that through OPen CL it should work.
    https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...p+V-Ray+RT+GPU

In the software UI for AMD Radeon Pro and FirePro Settings - It lists as already installed Open CL which only makes sense as it is not the 90's or earlier... however not sure what it means ... or how to tweak setting to harness it's full power.

Or do I just need to end the testing and get another M4000 or similar Quadro card?

I am frankly stunned that an in depth discussion of this does not already exist (Please direct me to post if I am not finding) at is everything to me - I want fast awesome renderings and know that the graphics card can be a huge boost to this. Why can't we get a clearer path with some data to show what you gain/lose with a few powerful systems to give all users a starting point. I see endless messages in your forums with video issues.

Your products and our hardware choices should be mature enough to give a clearer path for new adopters.

Thanks for any and all feedback

I see people are peaking but no one has any comments - come on man

Comment

Here is settings copied from AMD card
      Radeon Pro and AMD FirePro Settings Version - 2018.0129.1509.27262
      Driver Packaging Version - 17.50.18-180129a-324195C-RadeonProEnterprise
      Provider - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
      2D Driver Version - 8.1.1.1634
      Direct3D? Version - 9.14.10.01316
      OpenGL? Version - 6.14.10.13506
      OpenCL? Version - 23.20.15018.16
      AMD Mantle Version - 9.1.10.0237
      AMD Mantle API Version - 102400
      AMD Audio Driver Version - 10.0.1.6
      Vulkan? Driver Version - 2.0.1
      Vulkan? API Version - 1.0.65

Comment

Hi dekip007,

Since this topic is in the V-Ray for Revit forum space, I assume that you are asking about V-Ray for Revit. Currently, we support only Nvidia GPUs.
        To measure the performance of your machines, I recommend you to try our free V-Ray Benchmark app which can be found on the following page: https://www.chaosgroup.com/vray/benchmark
        You can also compare your results with those of other users on the V-Ray Benchmark comparison page here: https://benchmark.chaosgroup.com/cpu

Best,
        Ana

Ana Lyubenova
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Revit
        www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
        X