Vray multi sub object material for Revit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray multi sub object material for Revit

After evaluating vray for Revit, it doesn't seem that there is a great workflow for applying materials to a proxy. If I could apply materials by ID once and save the proxy as a reusable ready to render object of some sort, that would be super. (but not at this time possible asfik) Or if vray for Revit at least supported multi sub object materials, then I could save all of the sub materials to one master sub object material and apply that 1 multi sub object material to a proxy that would apply sub materials to the correct IDs constantly. For example our standard aspen vrmesh would have a corresponding standard aspen multi sub object material that a user could apply once, boom done. Because we are architects that live in the Revit environment, we would like to stick with vray for Revit bc that's where our staff is savvy. We have 3dsmax and I'm very familiar with it, but I don't want our Revit savvy users to have to learn a new (to them) complicated platform. In fact our BIM manager has shot the idea down. Is there a workflow that I'm not aware of that isn't so damn tedious? Thanks

Hi Steele-arch,

Thank you for this feedback. We understand the difficulties you are facing in regards to the current proxies workflow. We will try to provide a solution to our customers in the near future.Unfortunately, there is no simple workflow at the moment but keep checking our next releases.

Best Regards,
    Tanya
    Tanya Dilkovska-Petrova
    Team Lead
    V-Ray for Revit

www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
    X