Colour Mapping settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colour Mapping settings

Unless I am missing something, the colour mapping settings are hidden away in V-Ray for Revit?

Is it possible to access them in any way?

What are they set to by default (there is no mention of colour mapping in the docs that I can find)? Is it Reinhard colour mapping with burn value 1.0 as per 3Ds Max defaults?
    Hardware: Intel i9 9900k - 32 GB RAM - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 & i7 10875H - 32GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070

Hi agrieveson ,

You are correct that these settings are hidden from the UI of V-Ray for Revit. Though, you can still access and modify them in the VRayPlugins.json file (found in AppData\Roaming\Chaos Group\V-Ray for Revit 20xx)
    The type is currently set to Linear Multiply by default which is the same as Reinhard with burn value of 1.0.

In case you attempt to change the type from within the .json file, here are the values corresponding to each type:
    0 Linear multiply
    1 Exponential
    2 HSV exponential
    3 Intensity exponential
    4 Gamma correction
    5 Intensity gamma
    6 Reinhard

You'll see all related settings in the .json file when searching "SettingsColorMapping".

Best,
    Ana
    Ana Lyubenova
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Revit
    www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hi Ana,

Thanks for that info.

So no way to set it on a view/project basis then?

If I set SettingsColorMapping/Constant=6 (Reinhard) how would I then set the burn value?
      Hardware: Intel i9 9900k - 32 GB RAM - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 & i7 10875H - 32GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070

Comment

The following parameter corresponds to burn value when the type is set to Reinhard:
        "Plugin": "SettingsColorMapping",
        "SettingName": "Bright Multiplier",

Also mind that for the changes to take effect, you'll need to restart Revit.
        Last edited by Ana Lyubenova; 11-05-2021, 01:57 AM.
        Ana Lyubenova
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Revit
        www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
        X