Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turn off light visibility in reflection refracrions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn off light visibility in reflection refracrions.

Here is an example, I have additional light, but as you see it visible in TV screen. Wish I can turn it off in reflections (may be in material)... Thanks.
    Attached Files

Hello veent_veent ,

Nice to hear from you and thanks for pointing at this topic. Extending the lights workflow has been in our list for a while now.

We basically have a couple of options to approach that. One is to use Revit families (dedicated V-Ray lighting fixtures + V-Ray family parameters which can be added to any lighting fixture family). The other is to include replacements similar to those of geometries and materials.
    Which one would you vote for and why?

Best,
    Ana
    Ana Lyubenova
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Revit
    www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

I think, as you wrote, better way to "dedicated V-Ray lighting fixtures + V-Ray family parameters which can be added to any lighting fixture family" because I don't like any replacement. On my opinion it better have options to add V-Ray parameters to Revit lights and materials to expand their capabilities with all vantages of V-Ray. Thanks for you wide participation.

Comment

Don't you find it annoying that you'd have to manually add V-Ray parameters to families?
        Ana Lyubenova
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Revit
        www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Not about families, bur materials and lights. For example we need in Revit materials properties like fill colors foreground, background, patterns in foreground and background etc. for plans, facades internal and external and other drawing parerwork. But for visualisation we also need V-Ray parametrs in addition to Revit materials. See picture, I think it could be like this (after instaling V-Ray here is could be v-ray parameters only for renderings)
          Attached Files

Comment

I agree that it would have been the best place for positioning our parameters. However, Revit doesn't let us place anything in its Material Browser.
            Ana Lyubenova
            Product Manager
            V-Ray for Revit
            www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Pity.... autodesk sometimes short-sighted.

Comment

Working...
              X