Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Include 3DS Max VRMAT converter with V-ray for Revit license.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Include 3DS Max VRMAT converter with V-ray for Revit license.

The vray community has most of it's vray materials formatted as .MAT, which is a native 3DS max file.

Revit can only use the .VRMAT file format, which is proprietary to vray.

This makes sense that I wouldn't be able to use a .MAT file with Vray for Revit. However, I don't want to have to pay for another version of Vray simultaneously so that I can have access to the VRMAT converter within 3DSMax, and I think it would be wise and acceptable for this converter to be a free standalone plugin, or AT LEAST bundled with V-ray for Revit.

Most of the AEC industry has access to 3DS max because we have subscriptions to the design suite that comes with Revit, so I feel I should be able to use 3DS max without buying vray twice to be able to convert materials from it for usage with Revit.

Can we include the VRMAT converter within 3DS max as part of the V-ray for Revit purchase?

M

couldn't agree more! I downloaded the trial in order to make a bulk order for my office (switching over from artlantis), with one of the big draws being the plethora of materials available on the web for vray. I get installed and get to work only to realize... I basically can't use any of the materials out there.

so, there's two options: get a cracked version of the plugin for 3ds (obviously not ideal), or chaosgroup can bring the functionality into revit. The latter, please!!

Comment

You can use the V-Ray for 3ds Max demo, I don't think it has any limitations on converting materials to the .vrmat format.

Greetings,
      Vladimir Nedev
      Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

OK - so we can just convert materials for 30 days?

Comment

The current demo builds are not time limited, they have watermarks when rendering and restrictions on the number of lights/objects being rendered.

Greetings,
          Vladimir Nedev
          Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Working...
          X