Stand alone VRmat "user friendly" editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stand alone VRmat "user friendly" editor

That would be great to have a standalone editor for VRmat with a sample size where one can see the change directly.
    Even better if the structure of the material is represented with nodes (like in max) or something similar, graphicaly easy to understand. I could also think about Pure data, just to mention it doesn't have to look pretty but rather close to the material structure.

cheers

Would love this as well! Good suggestion!

Comment

Originally posted by barthelemyaix View Post
      with a sample size where one can see the change directly
      Barthelemyaix, can you clarify a little bit more what do you mean?
      Ana Lyubenova
      Product Manager
      V-Ray for Revit
      www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

I mean that for many users the interface of Vray materials is not intuitive.
        Example of intuitive criteria is a graphical representation of the material structure.
        In 3dsmax slate material editor you can see "cables" linking bitmaps and material inputs etc.
        In substance designer as well. This is what I mean : it's easier for the user to learn by doing.
        Another big lack in 3d software and material editor in general, is the relation to scale.
        I work in architectural visualization and the scale is an issue, specially when you want to avoid tiling. Video game industry is not so concerned as they have all sort of mask to mix texture to age the material, but in my field you can't do that. also they have a lot of budget to work on plenty of details, and the texture is often a background, when it will be the foreground in architecture (like a big wall facade)
        I'm not talking about redesign the way to produce materials but do make give a bit more information when it come to dimensions, for example with displacement.

Now, instead of developing things in-house, you could make a deal with substance designer, so one can export directly from SD to a Vraymat format, or the opposite, that one can read a SD format in an easy an flexible way. (I know you can do it somehow in max but it's not good enought to my point of view)
        That would be a win/win for Allegorithmic and ChaosGroup because you are both references in the market.

Comment

Working...
        X