Vray Proxy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Proxy

I am not sure if this has been mentioned previous already.
    Can Vray for Revit uses the Vray Mesh Models like 3Ds Max does?
    (Aka, adding Vray Proxy support in Vray for Revit version.)
    Thanks,

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000 I would sacrifice my first born for this.

Comment

This now works in v3.60.02, it's glorious! I've used it for trees in some renders. Also very useful is the ply2vrmesh tool (command line only, is found here on my install: C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\V-Ray for Revit\tools), so you can convert .obj files to .vrmesh. VERY useful.

Comment

Maybe this functionality could be extended a little bit, so for example Furniture or Plumbing Fixture objects (which are not so detailed in the Revit model) could also be overridden for a VRayProxy just for the time of the rendering, so the Revit model does not get loaded full of high-poly objects.
        Gabor Nagy
        narmer architecture studio
        www.narmer.hu

Comment

You can place RPC furniture and replace it with proxies (the same way like with trees).
          Ana Lyubenova
          Product Manager
          V-Ray for Revit
          www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Originally posted by Winniman View Post
            I am not sure if this has been mentioned previous already.
            Can Vray for Revit uses the Vray Mesh Models like 3Ds Max does?
            (Aka, adding Vray Proxy support in Vray for Revit version.)
            Thanks,
            Hi! and how can we use them? I´ve tried with the ply2vrmesh but it´s really hard to asign a real material to the leaves

Thanks.

Itziar Garcés

Comment

Itziar, the .vrmesh format holds info only about the geometry + its material IDs. You need to create the V-Ray materials separately and assign them to the material ID's.
              More info can be found on our docs page: https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...IT/V-Ray+Proxy
              Ana Lyubenova
              Product Manager
              V-Ray for Revit
              www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ana Lyubenova View Post
                Itziar, the .vrmesh format holds info only about the geometry + its material IDs. You need to create the V-Ray materials separately and assign them to the material ID's.
                More info can be found on our docs page: https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...IT/V-Ray+Proxy
                Thanks Ana. I´ve already read the document and tried. The problem is with the leaves, it´s very difficult to recreate a real leaf.

Comment

I think you can use the following webinar as a reference. Jump to 20:00 min.
                  The two-sided material is not supported in the current version of V-Ray for Revit, however, the approach of using a Generic material preset is valid.
                  Ana Lyubenova
                  Product Manager
                  V-Ray for Revit
                  www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ana Lyubenova View Post
                    I think you can use the following webinar as a reference. Jump to 20:00 min.
                    The two-sided material is not supported in the current version of V-Ray for Revit, however, the approach of using a Generic material preset is valid.
                    Thanks Ana, I´ll see it.

Best,

Itziar

Comment

Hi all,

Following up on this topic, in V-Ray Next for Revit we've extended the proxies functionality as follows:
                      1. Families of various categories can now be replaced with either a V-Ray proxy or a V-Ray Scene file (.vrscenes are render ready files, meaning you don't need to recreate their materials)
                      2. We have added a randomization functionality that allows assigning random scale and rotation to a proxy/vrscene overriding an instanced Revit family. As an example, if a tree in Revit is instanced multiple times, and then overridden with a V-Ray proxy, the proxy instances can be assigned random scale and rotation.

Also, the two-sided material, which I mentioned in my comments above, along with various other materials are now supported in V-Ray Next. Here is a quick link to the trial.

Cheers,
                      Ana
                      Ana Lyubenova
                      Product Manager
                      V-Ray for Revit
                      www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
                      X