Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render Manager / Batch Render for V-Ray for Revit

Dear Developers!

V-Ray for Revit is a fantastic plugin, but I'm missing a super important functionality of it.

You see, when making presentations of architectural plans, it comes in handy to be able to save the settings for each image, regarding resolution, light conditions, render settings, color corrections, etc.

I'm aware that I'm able to save color correction (.vccglb) files for example, but loading it every time I want to render the shots I need becomes a headache during documentation, when we are talking about 10-20 pictures (or more).

So I could image to have a Render Manager for VRay for Revit, which could contain and save a list of views, all to be able to contain some settings:

- it would be important to save render setting files and load them for every view separately, since separate views may need different qualities to render (e.g. interiors vs exteriors)
    - it would be nice to contain the needed resolution for every shot, so one does not have to keep in mind the resolution and aspect ratio of all shots
    - light conditions could be set, daytime, sun multiplier, sky multiplier, etc.
    - it would be nice for the list to be able to add lines, and for each line one could pick a 3D view, so one view could be added more times, to be able to create a nighttime and a daytime shot for the same view (see attached image)
    - output path and filename for each shot (maybe with variables like %projectname%, %viewname%, %date% etc.)
    - option to use a color correction file for the shot, ability to load a .vccglb file on render start, and save it on render end (in case the user modifies it during rendering)

- optionally also a Dynamo connection would be nice, so maybe a pre-render dynamo script could be run for example before the rendering starts for a shot.

I know it might sound a lot, but it might not take that much effort to implement a Batch Render window, but it would add a lot to the user friendliness of the program!
    VRay for 3DsMax does not come with a Batch Renderer with options like this (although I miss it from there too), but with Maxscript this functionality can be achieved. Unfortunately Revit is not really scriptable in this way (or is it?), so it would come very handy to come up a solution for this, even if it's more simple than I have described.

Looking forward to something like this!

Best Regards,
    Gabor

Gabor Nagy
    narmer architecture studio
    www.narmer.hu

Hello Gabor,

Thank you for your feedback!
    Currently saving settings files is possible; however, the V-Ray settings are saved per project not per view. Color corrections can be imported/edited/saved via the VFB.
    The resolution settings are entirely redesigned for our upcoming release.
    Please, elaborate a bit more what do you mean by saying: "light conditions could be set, daytime, sun multiplier, sky multiplier, etc.". Currently there is sun multiplier, EV can be controlled, the user can switch between sun, dome or artificial lighting.

Mind that Revit has its own specifics and in many situations we need to conform to them, which makes the implementation of a certain feature not such a small effort as many users think it is.

Best,
    Ana

Ana Lyubenova
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Revit
    www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hi Ana,

Thanks for your response!

By that I mean, that I could associate a certain settings combination for each image I want to render, and save these associations into a list. By running this list, the images would render one after each other withouth having to intervene.

For example:
      picture 1 : View: 3D_interior | Daytime 10:00 | Resolution: 800x450 | Sun multiplier 1.0, Sky multiplier 2.0 | Exposure: 14.0 | White balance: 6500 K | Artificial Off, Render settings BF+LC (quality:3) | Save elements ON, Save path: %viewname%_daytime.jpg , Color correction load from file: ....
      picture 2 : View 3D_exterior | Nighttime 22:00 | Resolution: 1280x720 | Sun OFF | Sky: HDRI image: ... | Exposure : 8.0 | White balance: 4500 K | Artificial On, Render settings IM+LC (quality: 5) | Save render elements OFF | Save path: %viewname%_%date%.jpg
      etc.

So maybe at the evening someone only picks the view he/she wants to render from this list, and during the night the renders become completed one after each other, without having to load the settings manually.

Maybe it does not have to be so complicated in the interface. Maybe a "To do list" for renderings might be enough, in which you can associate an output path, and a saved render settings file, which you mentioned! (Possibly a color correction file as well if it's possible.)

Thanks again for you feedback. Looking forward for the upcoming release you mentioned! When is it scheduled?

Best regards,
      Gabor

Gabor Nagy
      www.narmer.hu

Comment

Can't announce the date but all I can say is that it's coming VERY soon.

Best,
        A.
        Ana Lyubenova
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Revit
        www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

In case of sun light direction (time of the day), I missed that VRay is getting the setting from the view, so it is saved for every view. My bad, sorry for that!
          But maybe there could be an option in the future for Exposure and White balance and Sun/Sky settings + Artificial lights, to "Get value from View settings", so these could be pre-defined for each view!
          Last edited by narmer_visual; 13-06-2018, 01:50 PM.
          Gabor Nagy
          www.narmer.hu

Comment

Working...
          X