VRAY Frame Buffer Locks Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRAY Frame Buffer Locks Up

I am also having issues with the VFB locking up Rhino while rendering and having to kill the whole thing with ALT+F4.

My software versions are:
    Rhino Version 6 SR14- (6.14.19118.15561, 4/28/2019)
    V-Ray for Rhinoceros 6 4.00.02; Build: 02 Hash: 649bec8c Date: Apr 23 2019; V-Ray NeUI Version: 2.1.3 Build: 96881 Hash: 2dc8c0d73 Date: Apr 23 2019; V-Ray Core Version: 4.04.03; V-Ray AppSDK Version: 2.02.00
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (regularly updated)

The VFB locks up when I:
    - ALT+TAB away from it and then try and refocus to it.
    - leave the VFB panel open and try and render a second time.
    - click outside the VFB anywhere onto the Rhino application.
    - click on the maximize, minimize, or close buttons at the top of the Windows panel.
    - sometimes when I leave it running for hours while I do other things.
    - use it for rendering any Rhino scenes and any of the above occur.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled VRAY and Rhino to see if it would fix it. It did not. I tried to use V-RAY 3.6 but the licensing would not work.

Thanks.

Hi,

Could you please advise how a render is started? Are you using Rhino's _Render command?

Please note that using this command, it is normal and expected behavior that the interfaces are locked. Subsequently, any commands will bring Rhino to an non-responsive state.

Could you please use _vrayRender command either through the V-Ray Asset Editor or the V-Ray Toolbar and advise if this resolves the issue?

Comment

Ah, thank you! I was using the native Rhino render button. I have confirmed that rendering through VRAY toolbar does not cause lockup.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X