Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Area light - no decay doesn't work for GPU

Hi,

since the specular effect can't be disabled for directional lights in GPU mode I tried to find a work around. I took an area light, here I can disable speculars in GPU mode, but I found, the no decay doesn't work. It could be great to get one universal light full working for GPU use. The area light could do the job.

-Micha
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

No decay option is not supported on the GPU, we'll probably grey it out for GPU rendering so one would know it's not supported.
    I'll add a note about ability to enable/disable Specular for Directional Lights for the GPU - we'll try to develop that for future versions of V-Ray.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

OK, before reporting it I would like to ensure we are on the same page.
      For what type of lights you are talking about exactly and is there a chance to send me a sample scene with Lights and specular effect you would like to remove for the GPU rendering?
      Tried with Rectangular lights and it looks like the Specular functionality is handled properly by the GPU, maybe I'm missing something.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
      Last edited by svetlozar.draganov; 24-06-2019, 09:26 AM.

Comment

I suppose so you misunderstood me. I was looking for a dir light without specular to get a light like a sun.

* dir light - disabling specular and diffuse dosn't work
        * sun light - disabling specular and diffuse dosn't work
        * area light - no decay is missing (diif/spec/refl are working)
        * point light - disabling specular and diffuse dosn't work
        * spot light - disabling specular and diffuse dosn't work

Often I used the specular/diffuse controls of the lights in the past years. It could be great to get it back. Disabling speculars for the dir light could be added first, if possible. I need a non decay sun/dir without specular often.
        www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Yes, I misunderstand you probably because the thread-topic is about something else.
          I added a note( VGPU-3998 ) about supporting Specular and Diffuse toggles for directional, sun, point and spot light - will let you know when this is done.

At this point we do not plan to add support for No Decay on the GPU, so this option would probably be grayed out when GPU is set as a render engine.

Comment

Working...
          X