Interactive Viewport and custom object display mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interactive Viewport and custom object display mode

Often I use the wire frame mode for glass walls and windows. Maybe the wrong look can be fixed for the interactive viewport.

-Micha
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

The idea behind SetObjectDisplayMode is to override the viewport display options.
    Because of that (at first glance) it seems there is nothing we can do about that.

Comment

I hope you don't understand me wrong - I don't want the object mode ignored, I expect that the hidden parts of the window stay hidden. At the moment the lines of the object mode are like a overlay over the whole scene. On the other side - it could be nice to have an option that the V-Ray render display ignore all user set object modes.

Comment

Additional - couldn't object display mode be ignored?

Comment

You are quite right - the object outline is exactly an overlay over the entire scene. The "scene" image is drawn by us, and the overlay lines are drawn by the Rhino display pipeline.
          Rhino draws its viewport in a multi-phase manner. There are several stages it goes through and the "scene" image we provide is just one of them. There are number of overlays above - incl. gizmos, selection highlighting, gumballs, etc.
          We cannot ignore them, because we do not draw them - it is Rhino that does it.
          However you have certain control on what to be drawn in given display mode. In the settings panel you can switch on/off certain attributes. Here I switched on the object edges, and the V-Ray image now resembles the wireframe display override

Click image for larger version

Name:	tangent_edges.png
Views:	496
Size:	536.1 KB
ID:	1045156

To achieve what you want you can simply override the "rendered" display mode, so it does not draw things you don't want in ANY other display mode
          That being said you can create your own display mode, set it up the way it pleases you and use it on your the objects you want.

Thus you do not depend on us hacking Rhino.

Attached Files

Comment

I found no way to get no outlines of objects with a custom object display mode. Maybe you could discuss it with the McNeel team. The custom object mode is good for the Rhino standard viewport modes and it could be nice to be able to ignore this object modes for V-Ray interactive.

Comment

Working...
            X