Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checker Pattern in Shadows of render elements

Hi There,

I keep getting checker patterns in my shadow elements.....be it raw shadows or general shadows.
    Any idea why this happens?

Cheers

Blue Sky

Hi,

Could you please provide some additional information?
    1. Does this occur with specific project?
    2. Are you using custom render settings loaded from a previous V-Ray version?
    3. Are you using V-Ray Swarm (distributed rendering)?
    4. What is the full version number of V-Ray (V-Ray > Help > About)?

Comment

Originally posted by blueskydesigngroup View Post
      Hi There,

I keep getting checker patterns in my shadow elements.....be it raw shadows or general shadows.
      Any idea why this happens?

Cheers

Blue Sky
      are you using a domelight with adaptive domelight...

Comment

Hi There.

Please see my responses below:

1. Does this occur with specific project? - not really seems to be happening on different projects
        2. Are you using custom render settings loaded from a previous V-Ray version? - They are custom, but made within vray...not imported from previous versions.
        3. Are you using V-Ray Swarm (distributed rendering)? yes - swarm is being used
        4. What is the full version number of V-Ray (V-Ray > Help > About)? - V-Ray for Rhinoceros 6 4.00.02

1 are you using a domelight with adaptive domelight... Yes i am using a dome light with custom map and adaptive is ticked. Is that a problem?

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback!

Yes, the issue is related to the V-Ray Adaptive Domelight. Please be informed that this has already been resolved in our internal builds and the solution will be implemented in the upcoming update.

Furthermore, please follow up on the private message I have sent you!

Comment

Hi There,

I downloaded the nightly build and this fixed the problem....however on the specular and reflection channel i know get this problem.....any ideas

Cheers

Blue Sky

Comment

Best you send a simplified test scene to the chaosgroup and maybe they find a quick workaround for you and can fix it for the next release.
              www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Originally posted by Micha View Post
                Best you send a simplified test scene to the chaosgroup and maybe they find a quick workaround for you and can fix it for the next release.
                That's right.
                A scene will help us a lot in this case.

Comment

Hi There,

I seem to be having this problem again using a Adaptive dome light. (checkered background)
                  When i uncheck the adaptive option the problem dispaears.

Was the nightly build implemented in the 2019 november release?

Cheers

Justin

Comment

Please send the scene to the support again.
                    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Working...
                    X