Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critical bug - project files can't be opened

Hi,

I have problems to open projects from a previous version. I sent an email and got the ticket number 253-260-1793 . Since the response time is quite long some times it could be nice if the large example file could be downloaded soon as possible and before the wetransfer link is automatic deleted at the end of january. I would be glad if this issue could be fixed for the next update.

-Micha
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Hi,

I checked the file and managed to resolve the load issue by editing the blocks. Removing all blocks with missing links loaded the file successfully.

For the time-being, could you please try this on your end and confirm if this resolves the issue?

Otherwise, more tests will need to be carried out to narrow down the behavior.

Comment

Hi georgi.georgiev

I'm not sure what you did - if I look at the block manager of Rhino 5 (VfR2) than I see linked blocks and not linked blocks, but no blocks with missed links. This file can't be open at Rhino 6 (VfR4). Maybe I have overseen a block file to send it to you.

Comment

Micha

Sorry for misleading you!

Could you please open the following files - Hi_Next_BAUGRUPPE_SW04_v3 and Hi_Next_BAUGRUPPE_TW05_v3 - delete the nested blocks in them and confirm if this resolves the issue?

Comment

If I remove the nested blocks than it still doesn't work. Maybe several different "bugs" cause that the model isn't loaded. Konstantin seems to found an other issue too:

https://discourse.chaosgroup.com/t/p...er-open/1310/5

Comment

I found now that removing the nested blocks seems to "better" work than before. The file is opened after a very long time now, before it was not opened after many hours.

Comment

Working...
            X