Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Next Materials Library renders differently to Rendered View

Hi,

I've recently ungraded to Rhino 6 and V-Ray Next and I'm still wrapping my head around the new UIs so please excuse me if this is a really silly question.

My problem is, as seen in the images attached, the Display Modes in the Rhino UI shows the material linked to the V-Ray material maps on my C: Drive, but the V-Ray Asset UI shows the material differently and renders as the material shown in the V-Ray UI and not as the material shown in the Rhino UI.

How do I get my Display Modes in Rhino to match what renders?
    It seems Rhino is displaying the bitmaps referenced but not the colour correction.
    This seems to happen across all V-Ray materials.

Help muchly appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tamsin O'Reilly; 20-02-2020, 05:16 PM.

Was it working at your previous version? So far I know the Rhino viewport shows the native texture only, not the applied image processing of V-Ray. Maybe it's something for the wishlist.
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Hi Tamsin O'Reilly,

There is a color correction used to change the color of the bricks in this library materias.
      Currently none of the V-Ray procedural textures can be displayed in the Rhino viewport.

Regards,
      Konstantin

Comment

Yes, in pervious V-Ray versions materials displayed properly in Rendered Mode, but I guess because those procedural materials were not set up then as they are now.

:/ Best to stick to the "Create" section in the Asset Editor for me rather than using the "Materials" section. It's important that I see in Rhino rendered/shaded modes what actually renders.

Definitely something for the wishlist.

Thank you both.

Comment

Working...
        X