Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Material ID attribute not working

Hello guys,
    So far I love changes and RTX in Update 2, however there's one serious issue with Multimatte.

Old materials with preexistent Material ID (ID number) work correctly in Multimatte, but new materials with Material ID (ID number) assigned via Material ID attribute button don't show up. Left box is new, right box is Gold 24k from the library.

Rhino file:
    https://we.tl/t-4AIGTtM0Fa

Cheers
    Jonas

Hi,

here it works per attribute button and "Randomize Material ID Colors" from the tools menu. Did you manual added colors or did you use the randomizing?
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Hi Micha.
      Material ID channel works okay. Multimatte channel doesn't.

Btw I've got a humble request: would it be possible to add a button for automatic Material ID numbers for Multimatte? 1,2,3,... Thanks for considering!

Jonas

Comment

Hi Jonish,

The Multimatte issue is actually a bug. Thank you for reporting it!
        The issue has been logged and we'll patch it as soon as possible.

Btw I've got a humble request: would it be possible to add a button for automatic Material ID numbers for Multimatte? 1,2,3,... Thanks for considering!
        How do you imagine this working?

Regards,
        Konstantin

Comment

Hello Konstantin,
          Thank you, I thought so. No worries. I'll try to come up with a workaround in the meantime, although multimatte is a huge improvement over Material ID channel. Maybe it's time to give cryptomatte a spin, too.

Well, I'd go through V-Ray > Tools > Set Multimatte numbers, and the script would go through the list of materials one by one and set the sequential numbers starting with one.

Also for new Material IDs the default value could be max+1 instead of default 0.

Cheers
          Jonas

EDIT: I just read about the Material Random Color channel in other discussion. I'm fine with the idea of removing Material ID completely - then there should also be a channel for automatic Multimatte and Cryptomatte. That would be the coolest solution for me. Thanks for the hard work!
          Last edited by Jonish; 30-03-2020, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Hi Jonish,

This issue is fixed in the latest stable nightly build I published:
            https://nightlies.chaosgroup.com/mai...table/20200421
            Please give it a try and let me know if you find additional issues.

Konstantin

Comment

Working...
            X