Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please remove the Material ID color from the attributes

Hi,

please add the material ID color as standard option of every material again. It's so cumbersome to add the attribute to every material of a scene. I need the Material ID color pass very always and it need a lot of time to add it for every material of the dozen materials of a complex scene. In the past it was so easy. I hope the new functionality can be changed back. Please.

-Micha
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Hi Micha,

Please consider using the new Material Random Color instead.
    It is a much easier and cleaner way to get the automating mattes and was the main reason why we removed the ID attribute.

Regards,
    Konstantin

Comment

Hi Konstantin,

looks nice like the full automatic functionality of the material ID color of the early days of V-Ray. Thank you for the hint.

If the user like to define the colors for example for better separation than it would be a lot of work to add the mat ID color to each material. Could you add a little function at the V-Ray tools like "Add Mat ID color ". It could work for "all" materials or only "selected" ones.

General could it be possible to get that the full color range is always used? For example if the user has three materials than I expect something like red, green and blue and not different kind of red. Here an example what I get for four materials.

Best-
      Micha
      www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Working...
      X