Weird shadows rendered in CPU-Render

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird shadows rendered in CPU-Render

I have an Issue with the facade I'm trying to render where perfectly planar surfaces are rendered with some weird drop shadow so that they look bloated or rounded. (See Image attached. The circled two colums are flat and coplanar and should not look like this. See the second image for the desired result.)

The Material is self-made Vray-Material where the Diffuse Layer has a Tile-Parameter to create the masonry; no further textures were used.
    The issue does only appear in CPU-Rendering, CUDA-Rendering solves it. Sadly my CUDA-Rendering now fails every time, due to failure to allocate memory.

For lighting I am using the RhinoSun and Vray GI.

My system is a Lenovo Thinkpad P50 with a M2000M Nvidia Quadro graphics card, 16 GB of RAM, running VRay Next (Hotfix 2) on Rhino 6.

Sorry if this is a widespread problem, I'm relatively new to all of this and I simply didn't know what to search for and couldn't find any answers over the weekend.

Stay healthy and safe and thanks in advance!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by simon.do; 30-03-2020, 04:54 AM.

Hi,

Could you please share a reference project where the issue is reproducible so we can investigate in detail?
    If this is Ok, please use the Pack Project tool (V-Ray > Pack Project) to make an archived copy of the project and send it to us via email(at support@chaosgroup.com ) or file-sharing service of your choice.

Comment

Originally posted by slavcho.brusev View Post
      Hi,

Could you please share a reference project where the issue is reproducible so we can investigate in detail?
      If this is Ok, please use the Pack Project tool (V-Ray > Pack Project) to make an archived copy of the project and send it to us via email(at support@chaosgroup.com ) or file-sharing service of your choice.
      done. thank you again!

Comment

Thank you for the provided project!
        To resolve this issue please go to the brick material that is applied on the columns and under Displacement change the Mode/Map to Normal Displacement.
        Please note that 2D Displacement mode should be used only for 2D geometry(planes).

Comment

Originally posted by slavcho.brusev View Post
          Thank you for the provided project!
          To resolve this issue please go to the brick material that is applied on the columns and under Displacement change the Mode/Map to Normal Displacement.
          Please note that 2D Displacement mode should be used only for 2D geometry(planes).
          Thank you very much! I thought it was something in that aspect, but I coulnd't pin-point it.
          All the best and stay healthy!

Comment

Working...
          X