Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Material copies are created by vray 4.2

Hi there,

Since I have upgraded to 4.2 it happened to me various times already that for some materials there are copies created and asigned to the original geometry. This happens when I open the rhino file. Is anybody else noticing the same problem?
    Attached Files

Basically all the hashed materials where not created by myself but by vray.

Comment

Same problem here... If you purge the material with the button in the bottom it will delete all those extra materials...

Comment

Hello toniboni

Could you please provide me with more information regarding this behavior?
        - Have you found a specific action, which allows you to reproduce it consistently or does it happen randomly? Please describe the workflow, which allows you to reproduce it, if this is possible.
        - Is this happening with a specific project or with any (even newly created ones)?
        - It doesn't seem to be happening with every material from what I am able to see on the screenshot. Have you found any patterns regarding which materials are duplicated? Perhaps something in their properties or the objects they are assigned to?
        Zahari Ivanov | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Zahari,

- I just tried to reproduce it on purpose with a file from scratch in I could not reproduce it. BUt it did not happen to only one file but to various independent files.
          - see above
          - sorry but there is not obvious pattern.

Bad news, perhaps Grigio18 has found something.

Comment

if i start a simple scene from scratch I can't reproduce the problem.
            If I find a way to reproduce the issue I will let you know.

Comment

Hi toniboni and Grigio18

Please keep me updated on the topic, as it would be very helpful for us to know any potential hints to what might be causing this behavior. From your description, is it possible that this is happening only to projects created with a previous version of V-Ray?
              Zahari Ivanov | chaos.com
              Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Sure, I'll try my best. Concerning your suggestion: no, i don't think that this is the case, because one project I have been working on is has been created with vray 4.2 from start.

Comment

I'm still with 4.1 and i reported the same problem some time ago: https://discourse.chaosgroup.com/t/s...roblems/1302/3
                  ​​​​​​Not sure if it's related to this.
                  Last edited by ALTO; 07-04-2020, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Hi there,

So any news? Meanwhile it happens to my super basic template file where I just have two glass materials in there. I will send the file to you via mail. This is pretty annoying, please help me finding out what is happening here.

Comment

Same problem here. It seems to be the original material isn't used anymore at the scene, the Rhino material selection command doesn't show it at the list of the current used materials.
                      www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

I have the same problem . Sometimes I get more than one copy for the same material.

Comment

konstantin_chaos Peter.Chaushev Could this bug solved as next as a version released soon as possible please? The bug is critical, it's difficult to work with the unwanted duplicates.
                          www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

For my to. Please fix this asap. Thanks

+1

Comment

Hi guys,

A new update has just been released.
                              https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...-now-available
                              This issue is addressed in it.

Thank you all for reporting it and for the patience!

Let me know if you find anything else.

Regards,
                              Konstantin

Comment

Working...
                              X