Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you use the same graphic for multiple map channels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you use the same graphic for multiple map channels?

I have a logo-bitmap that needs to appear in two locations on the same geometry. Simple!
    I created two planar map widgets (on the same geometry) and assigned them channel 1 and channel 2. Easy!

PROBLEM > They will not render at the same time! I only get one.

FOLLOW UP > If I go the material's texture map settings, I see the problem. It's only letting me choose EITHER channel 1 or 2.
    FOLLOW UP > I cannot using tiling, because the two graphics are at different angles.

QUESTION > Is there a process to use "BOTH?"

Thanks,
    Dave
    Last edited by schultzeworks; 29-06-2020, 02:08 PM.

You could use two diffuse layers (per duplicate) at your material, one for each decal and own mapping channel.
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Hi schultzeworks

As Micha has suggested, this is a viable workflow. Things to consider with this approach are the Opacity and the Bitmap > Color Manipulation parameters. I have attached a sample material - channels_logo.zip

The most convenient approach would probably be to utilize Rhino's Decals, which are supported with V-Ray Next (4.20.02).

Not sure if it is a suitable workflow in your case, however you could always split part of the geometry where logo needs to be placed and apply the material there as well.

Comment

Working...
      X