Various Grasshopper issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Various Grasshopper issues

There are quite a few issues in Vray for Grasshopper that make it difficult to use for something serious:

-materials referenced from the scene are reset after closing and reopening a Rhino/grasshopper combination: All material dropdowns get unassigned (orange)
    -scene component to link gh geometry gets auto disabled after reopening a Rhino/grasshopper combination.
    -glass material with fog is rendering differently in grasshopper directly (using right click on the main V-Ray component. In my situation it renders much darker.
    -emissive materials using gradient don't work when I try to assign them through grasshopper material from scene component.
    -it neither uses the gh scene mesh settings, nor the Rhino scene mesh settings, but a rather rough mesh
    -material changes are not visible in interactive rendering mode

see example renderings for a simple glass with fog that is rendered through Rhino and through grasshopper:

-furthermore it would be nice if we could simply assign and /or modify a light through Rhino. The only way I know of right now is to export a scene with the lights and use V-Ray scene proxy, but this is tedious.
    Attached Files
    You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.
Working...
X